Shake-up at KHSAA?

Frank329

I have mixed feelings about Mr. Tackett becoming the commissioner. I agree he is well qualified and put in the time. He is seems to be dedicated and have a strong interest in football. According the the courier-journal he has already applied for the opening.

My concern is that this is like hiring a coach in waiting. What are you going to get that is new and refreshing? Or are you going to be playing out of the same old playbook? It just seems to me that the KHSAA is in need of some new dynamics a different way of looking at things. I hope all candiates are looked at for all that they will bring to the table.

Well stated!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devries out could be the best thing to happen to athletics in KY. No common sense decisions ever made under her leadership.

I agree. She's a nice enough person but I didn't like her as commissioner.

Julian Tackett will be a good choice. He seemed to be the only one interested in talking to me when I had business there to represent my school, and the only one I could communicate with who would actually listen and try to work on our school's concerns. Sometimes he could help, sometimes he couldn't. But he always did his best, and with a smile and handshake.

He's paid his dues as assistant and should be next for the head job.

I have mixed feelings about Mr. Tackett becoming the commissioner. I agree he is well qualified and put in the time. He seems to be dedicated and have a strong interest in football. According the the courier-journal he has already applied for the opening.

My concern is that this is like hiring a coach in waiting. What are you going to get that is new and refreshing? Or are you going to be playing out of the same old playbook? It just seems to me that the KHSAA is in need of some new dynamics a different way of looking at things. I hope all candiates are looked at for all that they will bring to the table.

Then who or what type of person would you like to see get the job?

I agree 100%. :thumb:

I have to agree as well. I have worked w/ Julian on some issues regarding KHSAA and high school sports. He is honest and will tell u the truth whether u like it or not. I would much rather have a commissioner that has a backbone than someone that is wishy-washy and plays the political game behind your back.

Julian has worked very hard for high school athletics and knows the ins and outs of the system. If anyone can take us to the next level, it is him. He has the respect of the Board of Directors and has handled football and baseball for several years. He would be the most qualified person to take the position.

So long as Brigid D is out, it can only get better. Her stunt in the 2005 3A championship game, having the kid from Bell County read the sportsmanship statement, reeked of politics. Good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out!!!!:dancingpa

Well said! Now maybe we can get rid of some of this PC nonsense and work toward taking KY football to the next level.:thumb: