Shake-up at KHSAA?

Frank329

Julian would be a GREAT selection for Commissiooner! He knows his stuff, is familair with every sport (currently takes care of football, basketball, and baseball), and actually was a finalist for the job when DeVries was selected a few years ago! Looking forward to Julian being the man in charge!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as Brigid D is out, it can only get better. Her stunt in the 2005 3A championship game, having the kid from Bell County read the sportsmanship statement, reeked of politics. Good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out!!!!:dancingpa

I'm not following you here. Shaw Robbins read the sportsmanship statement and was a kid who had an amazing high school career. I'm sure it was an honor for him to do that.

I'm not following you here. Shaw Robbins read the sportsmanship statement and was a kid who had an amazing high school career. I'm sure it was an honor for him to do that.

I don't have any problem following him. A women should never be in charge of our male sports. All of us that can think for ourselves know what I mean. Women are weak in body and mind when it comes to these things and are a threat to football as we know it. Sometimes the truth is ugly for some and refreshing for others. All you old timers may agree with me while the PC crowd will want to scratch my eyes out but it needed to be said.

I don't have any problem following him. A women should never be in charge of our male sports. All of us that can think for ourselves know what I mean. Women are weak in body and mind when it comes to these things and are a threat to football as we know it. Sometimes the truth is ugly for some and refreshing for others. All you old timers may agree with me while the PC crowd will want to scratch my eyes out but it needed to be said.

7th, I'm definitely not considered by people that know me as being PC, yet I must respectfully yet strongly disagree with you. First of all, the Commissioner of the KHSAA is responsible for all sports; not just male sports. Second, knowing Brigid well, she was definitely not a threat to football as we know it. She was actually a very, very big supporter of football.

I don't care whether our next Commissioner is a male or female as long as the person selected is good for Ky high school athletics.

7th, I'm definitely not considered by people that know me as being PC, yet I must respectfully yet strongly disagree with you. First of all, the Commissioner of the KHSAA is responsible for all sports; not just male sports. Second, knowing Brigid well, she was definitely not a threat to football as we know it. She was actually a very, very big supporter of football.

I don't care whether our next Commissioner is a male or female as long as the person selected is good for Ky high school athletics.

:thumb:

I couldn't agree more.

Fair enough. Thanks for leaving my eyeballs intact.

I don't believe they meant it had anything to do with Robbins personally; just the implication that it was attempted as a thinly veiled swipe by DeVries against Highlands over the Mitchell thing.

At least, that's how I read it.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin but I can guarantee your eyeballs would NOT be left intact.:irked::D

The Board of Control does the hiring I think, and I wouldn't be surprised if the board decides to take a good, hard look at going outside the box and bringing in a new face with new ideas and perspectives on the issues facing the KHSAA.

I would hope they would at least consider an outside candidate.

I suppose, in some skewed rationalization of messed up logic, that you think that it's OK for men to be in charge of female sports, though.

Whatever....you call it "truth", I say YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!