Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did anyone see....

Featured Replies

..... the Fort Campbell kid run the ball out of the endzone twice. I know what I think is the rule. How did that happen?:confused:

Are you talking about kickoff returns?

..... the Fort Campbell kid run the ball out of the endzone twice. I know what I think is the rule. How did that happen?:confused:

What are you talking about?

 

Later.

  • Author

Yes, Kick off returns. Sorry about that. His feet was in the endzone twice and it was not ruled a touchback?

Yes, Kick off returns. Sorry about that. His feet was in the endzone twice and it was not ruled a touchback?

 

Then the officials made a mistake if he was indeed in the end zone. I have seen a few right at the goal line and the official gave the returner the benefit of the doubt.

Does not matter if he is in the endzone. Did the ball cross the plane?

It is the ball that has to cross the endzone line, not the players feet. I saw it too. They were legal run backs.

This should absolutely NOT matter. I believe this is the worst rule in high school football and it should be changed immediately. I just don't understand the purpose behind it (and I've heard all of the arguments)!

This should absolutely NOT matter. I believe this is the worst rule in high school football and it should be changed immediately. I just don't understand the purpose behind it (and I've heard all of the arguments)!

I think it's a silly rule too, don't understand it (and I haven't heard all of the arguments)!

 

Later.

Does not matter if he is in the endzone. Did the ball cross the plane?
Thats what I was going to say. If the ball didn't cross the plane, it doesn't matter if the player's feet stepped in the EZ or not.

NFHS Rule 6-3-1-a

 

SECTION 3 TOUCHBACK

ART. 1 . . . It is a touchback if any free kick or scrimmage kick:

a. Which is not a scoring attempt or which is a grounded three-point fieldgoal

attempt, breaks the plane of R’s goal line, unless R chooses a spot of

first touching by K.

NFHS Rule 6-3-1-a

 

SECTION 3 TOUCHBACK

ART. 1 . . . It is a touchback if any free kick or scrimmage kick:

a. Which is not a scoring attempt or which is a grounded three-point fieldgoal

attempt, breaks the plane of R’s goal line, unless R chooses a spot of

first touching by K.

That's cool, but it doesn't really state the PURPOSE of the rule. Why is the returner NOT allowed to run it out?

 

Later.

What is the purpose of the rule? I can not think of one reason for this rule.

The reason I have always heard is to give an advantage to a team with a really good kicker.

The reason I have always heard is to give an advantage to a team with a really good kicker.

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.