Prayers for Monroe Player

tsyoung7

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing to send prayers. Take heart....the will is there. That's the part that can't be given by anyone, it comes from within.[/QUOTE]

Absolutley, this child and family are as strong as they come!

No bad news as of today. Greg says that he is still there and he has not gotten any worse. God Bless!!!

Hey everyone, talked to Greg and Ethan is about the same. He is breathing over the machine on his own a little, and the Doctors say he may be over a hump with the swelling. He has little movement, but mostly twitching. Nothing that anyone can tell that he is doing intentionally. I have an address for Ethan and his family in Louisville if you would like to send a card...

Ronald McDonald House

550 South 1st Street

Louisville, KY 40202

Rm 407

Atnn: Greg and Janie Strode

God Bless!

Sorry about the updates, have had the flu and have not been out of bed in two days!!!

Anywho, Greg said they took the drain tube out of Ethan's head and the trach is in. Not much change in his overall condition other than all his numbers are good, temp, blood pressure, all vitals. Not getting worse is a blessing at this point, your continued prayers are well received and appreciated!! Thank You..God Bless....

I feel like I have good news, even though its little, it is still good news to us, Ethan is trying to come down off the medications that have him heavvily sedated. The doctors have put the trach in and the feeding tube is in his side. They are trying slowly to reomve him from his ventalator and meds but is somtimes proving to be unsuccessful. His father says that it makes him anxious at times and his blood pressure is going up. Ethan is slowly starting to squeeze lightly on their hands and has a little more movement in his body other than just twitching. A little lateral movement is what Greg descirbed. He has not woken up from his state but everyone is very hopeful...hey, he is still with us!!! Greg and Janie say that they can tell he is there and is getting frustrated that he cannot do more. His actions when they speak to him make them think he can hear and that he is giving it all he can at the time. They say that when this happens his temp and blood pressure rise, so in My opinion this is good!!!

Please keep the prayers going, this is just going to take some time...his Dad told me today", "Baby steps, thats all they can ask for now, baby steps"!!! God Bless them!!!!