UK to Music City per Rivals

FormerCawoodTrojan

Florida and Bama ran the table in the SEC this year. Even if it is a "down" year, it is light years ahead of the Big East this year. Pretty poor argument.

I am not saying the Big East is better. However you said UC could have lost to all these teams in the SEC. Well Florida and Bama could have lost to some of these teams that UC beat in the Big East. I mean just because they beat SEC teams doesn't mean they would beat every Big East team. Unless maybe the reason you think that is because they are ranked ahead of all those Big East teams. Then the same could be said about UC beating the rest of the SEC too, since they are ranked better. Now do I honestly think those teams would have lost in the Big East, no I don't. However do I honestly think that UC say if given the same schedule as UK had would have lost to anyone besides maybe Bama or Florida, no I don't. Florida and Bama would have been the only two games I could have seen them losing, and I think they would have at least won one of them. Especially Bama I think they would have beat, Florida would have been tougher but could have.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying the Big East is better. However you said UC could have lost to all these teams in the SEC. Well Florida and Bama could have lost to some of these teams that UC beat in the Big East. I mean just because they beat SEC teams doesn't mean they would beat every Big East team. Unless maybe the reason you think that is because they are ranked ahead of all those Big East teams. Then the same could be said about UC beating the rest of the SEC too, since they are ranked better. Now do I honestly think those teams would have lost in the Big East, no I don't. However do I honestly think that UC say if given the same schedule as UK had would have lost to anyone besides maybe Bama or Florida, no I don't. Florida and Bama would have been the only two games I could have seen them losing, and I think they would have at least won one of them. Especially Bama I think they would have beat, Florida would have been tougher but could have.

:ohbrother:

Florida/Bama ran the table in a much tougher conference, but couldn't in the Big Easy? Extremely compelling argument :lol:

I still don't see your point. A coach that has that much success at a program like the three we are talking about, inevitably moves on to a bigger and better job. How do you suggest continued success at that level when there are more enticing jobs out there for coaches like that?

There is one difference. If a coach can come in here and put together as good of teams as those guys did. Then UK would be competing for the SEC crown. If your competing for the SEC crown, you are competiting for a National Title shot. So since a coach would already be in the SEC, then the chances of him leaving are not as great as they are of a coach leaving like they have at UL or probably UC this year. UC has a program this year if they were in the SEC could compete for the SEC crown and a title shot. While being in the Big East, they might go undefeated and not even get a shot. If that success happens at UK, you don't have to worry about that. If you are competing for the SEC Championship, then you can be in the title game. Yeah a coach still might leave, however that chances of it are not quite as great as it is at those programs.

:ohbrother:

Florida/Bama ran the table in a much tougher conference, but couldn't in the Big Easy? Extremely compelling argument :lol:

Hmmm I didn't realize that means they couldn't have lost to a Big East team. Didn't Bama run the table in the SEC last year, before losing in the title game? Then who did they lose to in the Sugar Bowl? I mean with your argument it would have been impossible for Utah to beat Bama, since Bama couldn't lose in the regular season in the SEC. So yeah I mean it's just a crazy argument to say, that they very well could have lost one instead in the Big East.

Like the Vince McMahon theme song.....No Chance!!!! UC would would have a shot I'll give you that. Pitt is a no for me, they got exposed a bit by WVU IMO. WVU is a extreme no. SEC teams would destroy that offense because WVU has no threat of a downfield passing game, though Brown can be effective in the quick game. USF, no way, maybe some day but not right now. Everyone else would get laughed off the field if they played Bama or UF. Rutgers going to knock off UF? Syracuse? If UF played in the Big East Tebow would be a lock for the Heisman IMO. Same for Ingram if Bama was in there. Their stats would be out of this world.

As for UC running a SEC schedule, we'll never know. None of the teams they play this season are really even on LSU's level IMO, let alone taking down UF and Bama in consecutive weeks. Tennessee, Auburn, S.Carolina, and even Mississippi State wouldn't be easy wins, like some of the games on their schedule. UC is undefeated, but they really haven't been tested. UC may only lose 2 with UK's schedule, but I don't see them being able to beat UF or Bama without the benefit of extra game planning via a bowl game.

You know what maybe they won't ever be "elite" like program like the Florida's, Bama's, etc. However they could be a consistently top 25 team, and team every few years or so really could make a run for the SEC crown. That is not impossible at all. That is my whole point with the UC and UL things. With the teams they had put together they could have done that with Petrino and now Kelly at UC. The only difference is if someone can do that at UK, we have a much better chance of being able to keep him here than they do. Which if then if we can keep staying as a constant top 25 team and making runs at the SEC every few years. We slowly would steal some top recruits sometimes, and would go from there.

As I have said I am not against Brooks. He should stay UK's coach as long as he wants. I do think we kind of have reached a peak with him, however considering where we were at before he took over, thats not such a bad thing. Its when he retires, is when I think this team really could take that next step, and be a team that does win more than just 3 SEC games a year and could be a team that is in the top 25 more times than not. However at this pace I don't see that happening, and I don't see that happening by having Joker as coach and keeping things the same. I think keeping things the same will just keep us at the same average level we are at now. So my main problem is I just am against having a coach in waiting. I think that is a very dumb idea. Go through the interview process, and maybe you will find someone who would be better for this program and could get this program to take the next step. If that guy is still Joker and he really is the best candidate and would be the best option for the program then fine. I just think when Brooks retires that it is a very pivotal moment for the UK program. It could end up taking that next step up, or basically staying on the same level ground and possibly going back down. Once Brooks retires go through the process and then make a decision after interviewing people. I think that would be the best and smart thing for UK to do. That also doesn't mean that Joker wouldn't end up as coach after it all said and done. If he would be the best guy for it, then he would still get it.

There is one difference. If a coach can come in here and put together as good of teams as those guys did. Then UK would be competing for the SEC crown. If your competing for the SEC crown, you are competiting for a National Title shot. So since a coach would already be in the SEC, then the chances of him leaving are not as great as they are of a coach leaving like they have at UL or probably UC this year. UC has a program this year if they were in the SEC could compete for the SEC crown and a title shot. While being in the Big East, they might go undefeated and not even get a shot. If that success happens at UK, you don't have to worry about that. If you are competing for the SEC Championship, then you can be in the title game. Yeah a coach still might leave, however that chances of it are not quite as great as it is at those programs.

A coach who could take UK to the SEC Title and National Title, provided that hes under 55 years of age or so, would be one of the hottest candidates in the country. No way would they stay at UK. UK does not have the recruiting resources to be a consistent power and all quality coaches would realize that. It's not a hard concept really.:idunno:

I rather have that to compared to what it was in the past. People just don't seem to understand what I am saying. I am not putting down Brooks at all, I think he should be the coach here as long as he wants to be. My problem has to do with what we are doing after Brooks. I think this program once Brooks does retire, will be at a position where it really could take that next big step forward with the right coach in place. I just hate how we already have given the job to Joker, and I think we will just stay at this level. While with someone else I think it could get us to that next step. I just think they should go about hiring the next coach just like any other time. Interview different coaches, and have Joker be one of them. Then if he is really the best guy for the job, then I am all for it. I just don't agree with giving him the job automatically. If he is the best for it then fine, however I just believe that maybe someone else could be better for the program to getting to that next level once Brooks retires.

We'll worry about that when Brooks retires. Joker may be the greatest head coach since Goofy Gomez, we don't know.

A coach who could take UK to the SEC Title and National Title, provided that hes under 55 years of age or so, would be one of the hottest candidates in the country. No way would they stay at UK. UK does not have the recruiting resources to be a consistent power and all quality coaches would realize that. It's not a hard concept really.:idunno:

:thumb:

Yay another Music City Bowl trip.

I guess it is better than going to a bowl with a 6-6 record, that imo would be the ultimate embarrassment. Not going to a bowl at all imo is better than going to one without a winning record (6-6). My personal feelings are 7 wins should be borderline at best for qualifying for a bowl.

Honestly, imo U.K. will never rise above middle of the pack in the SEC. Like I have said in other post, the program has improved greatly as well as recruiting but other SEC teams have talent/depth (and better) like Cobb, Locke two and three deep on both sides of the ball. That's just my thoughts and I would love to see U.K. football go higher than it is right now, I just don't believe it will. Be glad with a bowl game of any kind, JMO

Might as well have a permanent reservation...

:lol: I thought the same thing. One thing that is going to be challenging is the people that put out the t-shirts are going to have to keep coming up with new designs/slogans for the same Bowl game.

I guess it is better than going to a bowl with a 6-6 record, that imo would be the ultimate embarrassment. Not going to a bowl at all imo is better than going to one without a winning record. My personal feelings are 7 wins should be borderline at best for qualifying for a bowl.

Honestly, imo U.K. will never rise above middle of the pack in the SEC. Like I have said in other post, the program has improved greatly as well as recruiting but other SEC teams have talent/depth (and better) like Cobb, Locke two and three deep on both sides of the ball. That's just my thoughts and I would love to see U.K. football go higher than it is right now, I just don't believe it will. Be glad with a bowl game of any kind, JMO

:lol: I thought the same thing. One thing that is going to be challenging is the people that put out the t-shirts are going to have to keep coming up with new designs/slogans for the same Bowl game.

That is a bogus statement IMO. I agree that you should have to have a winning record to make it, but that is not how the system is set up right now. You get a whole extra month to practice, that is huge for a program.

We'll worry about that when Brooks retires. Joker may be the greatest head coach since Goofy Gomez, we don't know.

:thumb:

I have friends in Oregon who told me that they were not convinced that Belotti was the best choice as the heir apparent when Brooks left the Ducks for the NFL. That worked out very well for them.

I also remember that the vast majority of the posters on here were very unhappy when Brooks was hired, ... and stayed that way for 3 years. Now? Well, apparently doing positive things that have NEVER been done at UK in football for 100 years isn't good enough.

I will keep supporting Brooks and will throw my support to Joker once Brooks retires. :thumb:

JUST 25 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE MUSIC CITY BOWL!!! I PLAN ON BEING THERE TO SUPPORT THE CATS!

Like the Vince McMahon theme song.....No Chance!!!! UC would would have a shot I'll give you that. Pitt is a no for me, they got exposed a bit by WVU IMO. WVU is a extreme no. SEC teams would destroy that offense because WVU has no threat of a downfield passing game, though Brown can be effective in the quick game. USF, no way, maybe some day but not right now. Everyone else would get laughed off the field if they played Bama or UF. Rutgers going to knock off UF? Syracuse? If UF played in the Big East Tebow would be a lock for the Heisman IMO. Same for Ingram if Bama was in there. Their stats would be out of this world.

As for UC running a SEC schedule, we'll never know. None of the teams they play this season are really even on LSU's level IMO, let alone taking down UF and Bama in consecutive weeks. Tennessee, Auburn, S.Carolina, and even Mississippi State wouldn't be easy wins, like some of the games on their schedule. UC is undefeated, but they really haven't been tested. UC may only lose 2 with UK's schedule, but I don't see them being able to beat UF or Bama without the benefit of extra game planning via a bowl game.

Hmmm I seem to remember a WVU team with no real down field passing game, doing pretty darn going against one of our SEC teams in a BCS game in Georgia. So your little theory there just goes right out the window, about them not being able to do anything. Teams like Pitt, WVU, USF, and even Rutgers would be more than capable of beating them two on a given day, especially Bama.

So where would that coach go then? I mean he already is in the SEC the best conference in America and having success. I mean if your having success in the SEC your going to get talked about a lot, your going to get people's attention. Which also means recruits attention. If UK is doing well in the SEC, then they must be doing something right. Also probably would be a system then that players would want to play in. Having success makes recruiting a whole lot easier. So you say he definitely will leave, then to where? Florida? They already have a great coach. USC? Yeah unless Pete Carroll leaves, that aint happening. Bama? Nick Saban is not going anywhere? Miami? Miami already seems to be on the way up, so that would be a no. Oklahoma, Texas have great coaches there already. Notre Dame might be in a good place by that time, depending on how the new coach does. So I mean where exactly would he go. All the top big name schools already have coaches, and very good coaches at that so they probably will still be there even in a few years. So where exactly would he go? Not to a Big East school, not a Big 10 school. Unless Michigan or OSU opens up and I doubt that. I mean in the PAC 10 the only school there that would be tempting to leave to would USC. The Big 12 basically just Oklahoma and Texas as two schools that maybe a coach would leave a successful SEC team for. Then if he is already having success in the SEC, then why would he leave for another SEC school. Especially when the likes of Florida, Bama, UT, and probably even Auburn now have coaches that aren't going anywhere for awhile. I mean seriously think about that, if a coach at UK does have success and has us competiting for the SEC crown every so often. Then why would he leave? Its not the same situation at all as it is with UL, and UC. If a coach is already have success at an SEC school, there really isn't to many jobs out there that would be a step up then. It wouldn't be as likely that they would definitely leave as you think.