UK to Music City per Rivals

FormerCawoodTrojan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediocrity would be 4-8, 5-7 and not making a bowl. I am thankful that we were able to steal a few on the road in the SEC and make it to Nashville. I understand where your coming from but I don't think the program has come along far enough to expect the 8 win season's and better bowl berths yet.

I think you just agreed with me.

I'm confused. You always supported Tubby when he was leading the program to mediocrity, yet our football program has went from winning 2 games a season, to winning 7 and going to 4 bowls in a row, and you complain about it????

You act like Tubby was always leading UK to mediocrity the whole time he was there, and that is simply not true. His last two years were not that good, and trust me if we had stayed at that same level as we were for his last two years for another year or two. Then I would not have been happy about that either. Tubby put together teams during his time that was some of the best in the nation and had shots to win it all. Our football team has stayed at this level for 4 years now, just not 2. I mean I am very happy with the program compared to where it was at. However unlike others I think this program could end up being more. However I just don't see it happening in the current direction we are going in with Joker taking over and basically keeping everything the same. I see basically just the same 3 wins a year in SEC and maybe less or at most 4 wins. I think that this program could get over the hump, but I just don't think it will in the current direction we are going and with keeping things the same with Joker taking over. I do hope I am wrong, and all of you all can come on here and make me eat tons of crow.

Yay another Music City Bowl trip. I am glad to see that the UK football program can continually make this bowl game and people being happy about it. This is what 3 wins in the SEC though will do for you. This is something I am sure we can continue to grow to expect from this program at the rate we are going.

Or we could go back to only getting to sniff a bowl game every 4 years or so. While I want better, ... NOBODY wants that more than Brooks. There are a TON of teams who would love to be the Cats shoes and couldn't get 1-2 wins in the SEC.

I wanted more, but considering what everyone picked before the season started (5-7 maybe 6-6 if they are lucky), .... 7-5 will do for now.

I think UK would benefit more from Carolina than Miami...I think Miami would give them match up fits...

I agree that UNC would be a better game for UK fans. But Miami is hot and cold. Depends on which team shows up as to whether they would give the Cats fits. They definitely have speed. But Miami wasn't at the top of the ACC. Clemson and Ga Tech are. And we saw what happened to them against 2 middle of the road SEC teams.

I do agree that Miami's speed could be hard to handle. But after seeing many of the SEC opponents, I think they would be fine.

You're right. It's MNC or bust next season.:idunno:

Do you honestly think UK can become an Elite football program? I'm a UK fan, but let's be realistic. UK wasn't far from 9 or ten wins but they were also close to 5 wins as well. They play hard but are not a talented football team and never will be compared to the rest of the SEC. Music City Bowl is better than no bowl.

Yes I do, and whats so crazy about thinking that? Why can't they eventually be as talented compared to the rest of the SEC. We see smaller teams in other conferences who end up becoming as talented as a lot of the teams in the SEC. TCU is more talented than everyone in the SEC besides maybe Alabama or Florida. UC has managed to put a very talented team together that would be more talented right now than a lot of the SEC teams and probably at worst would be the third best team in the SEC this year, if not the best team. UL a few years ago put together a team that was just as talented as the top SEC teams. West Virginia under Rich Rodriguez was able to make themselves as talented as SEC teams, and even beat our top ones when it really mattered. Those are just some examples of teams being able to put talent together that ended up being as good as SEC teams and better than most of them. What is the one thing they all had in common? They all ended up bringing in what was the best top up and coming coach as they could, and it did get them to that next level. There is no reason to believe that UK couldn't do the same thing. UK has a lot of selling points, one of them being that they are in the SEC. There is one thing different though about UK that UK also has going for them more than those teams. If a coach could come in here and get us up to that next level even for a year or two, our chances of losing that coach aren't as good as it was for West Virginia, UL, or UC. If a coach could get this team to the next level and really in contention for the SEC title. He is not as likely to leave as those guys, because he is already in the best conference in America and having success. So he would know if win it, he will definitely be playing in the title game. So it might not be just some flash in the pan success for a year or two. It could be something that would last, because a coach would be as likely to leave here as those places. Then just having a year or two of very good success like that, would get top players wanting to come here. Now that is something that would then really could get this program going and staying on top.

I guess now I really do see the point though of why most of my fellow UK fans are just fine with how things are. You all just don't think that UK can take that next step, and have accepted things for as they are now. To think that this team can't get to the next level with the right things in place is just crazy IMO.

You act like Tubby was always leading UK to mediocrity the whole time he was there, and that is simply not true. His last two years were not that good, and trust me if we had stayed at that same level as we were for his last two years for another year or two. Then I would not have been happy about that either. Tubby put together teams during his time that was some of the best in the nation and had shots to win it all. Our football team has stayed at this level for 4 years now, just not 2. I mean I am very happy with the program compared to where it was at. However unlike others I think this program could end up being more. However I just don't see it happening in the current direction we are going in with Joker taking over and basically keeping everything the same. I see basically just the same 3 wins a year in SEC and maybe less or at most 4 wins. I think that this program could get over the hump, but I just don't think it will in the current direction we are going and with keeping things the same with Joker taking over. I do hope I am wrong, and all of you all can come on here and make me eat tons of crow.

I'd rather win 3 or 4 in the SEC than win 3 or 4 for the entire year. Personally, the only thing that would make me happier about the UK program is if Ed McMahon rose from the dead, rang my doorbell, and had a large cardboard Publishers Clearinghouse check worth 5 million bones.

The University of Kentucky football program is coming off the most successfull 4-year stretch in 100... yes 100 years of its existence, and yet some are expecting it to be in contention for BCS bids in what is arguably the toughest conference in the nation..But they say look at what UL did, or TCU,or so on. Yes they had their runs but they didn't play the number of tough games in their conference as UK has. If UK is in one of these other conferences with the teams we've had over the last few years, then it's my opinion that our record would have been better. But we're not in those conferences, and we don't play those teams, and those teams don't play our schedules as well. So we will never know wether the records of the TCU's and the Boise States would be better or worse.

I have longed for the days when the UK football program could gain some sort of respectability and not be a pushover. We are not there yet, but I believe we are on the right path. And it will take some time to get there, and I don't believe 4 years is nearly enough time. So for now I guess I am settling for the lower tier bowls and truly hoping that Joker will be the right choice. But no one knows for sure how that will turn out.