Semi Finals game played out of state?

ddky1970

The game is being played at APSU to allow for the expected larger crowd and to allow the Clarksville community an easier cahcne to watch the game. Clarksville supports the military and their families of Fort Campbell in a great number of ways, and this is one that Fort Campbell is trying to return the favor (making it asier to watch a great Falcon v. Falcon game.

No passses needed to cross into TN and see the game.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Athletic Director at Fort Campbell isn't a moron, if it weren't allowed by KHSAA rules, the game wouldn't be played at APSU.

It's being played at APSU to allow a larger crowd to attend. FC knows that Monroe travels well, and they want to do their best to accomodate them.

Later.

Us little folk down here on the border of Ky and Tn don't mind at all!!! Honestly we are just happy to be playing FC again, in Ky or Tn. We do greatly appreciate the accomidations though...Monroe does travel very well. It would not surprise me at all to see 3000+ fans in Navy blue and white....We are really getting excited to make the short trip to Clarksville to play the best team in 2a...who knows...friday nights are determined one inch at a time as coach Nuckles says...so crazy things may happen on black friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::clap::sssh:

Us little folk down here on the border of Ky and Tn don't mind at all!!! Honestly we are just happy to be playing FC again, in Ky or Tn. We do greatly appreciate the accomidations though...Monroe does travel very well. It would not surprise me at all to see 3000+ fans in Navy blue and white....We are really getting excited to make the short trip to Clarksville to play the best team in 2a...who knows...friday nights are determined one inch at a time as coach Nuckles says...so crazy things may happen on black friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::clap::sssh:

Thank You! We also look forward to hosting Monroe County.

FC is attempting to provide the highest caliber setting for this game as possible. I am not going to get into another tired discussion about FC being in TN, KY or wherever.

The KHSAA recognizes Fort Campbell as a Kentucky school and that is all that matters. Somehow there are nearly 30 KY state championship banners hanging on the wall in the gymnasium which have been accumulated over at least the last four decades in a variety of sports. Where FC is located is not new and at some point is no longer relevant to discussion.

FC is attempting to provide the highest caliber setting for this game as possible. I am not going to get into another tired discussion about FC being in TN, KY or wherever.

The KHSAA recognizes Fort Campbell as a Kentucky school and that is all that matters. Somehow there are nearly 30 KY state championship banners hanging on the wall in the gymnasium which have been accumulated over at least the last four decades in a variety of sports. Where FC is located is not new and at some point is no longer relevant to discussion.

As Monroe Co. fan do not care where game is played. It will be nice for our boys to get to play on college field. Fort Campbell is a Ky school and winner of thsi FalconvFalcon game will be playing in Bowling Green next week on same playing surface which should help winner next week.

AMEN!

Later.

I for one am very happy to be playing on a college field. For some of these kids this is a life experience, they can take this with them when they go. I never had the priveledge to play an a turf field...I may be looking forward to it as much as them!! Tn or Ky, who cares where it is played as long as it is played!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Go Roe Go!!!!

:thumb:

One would think that if there was an issue with the physical location of FCHS the KHSAA would have addressed it over the past 47 years.

Eldon May of the KHSAA said in a Kentucky New Era article Tuesday that he wasn't sure if this was the first time a playoff game was played out of state, but that he nor the KHSAA had a problem with it.

I mean, let's look at this. Fort Campbell's field was torn up badly at the end of the season. They did the best they could to repair it but it wasn't in great shape when the postseason started.

APSU is 10 miles from Fort Campbell. It's not like they are driving to Nashville.

Fans won't be subjected to going through the gates and showing any type of ID or vehicle information. Almost like going to a normal football game for a change.

Two other issues to consider. Clarksville has been very supportive of Fort Campbell in recent years and this allows them to pay them back a little.

With a berth to the state title game on the line, the field and playing surface can't be used as an excuse by either team. And like TSYoung said, it might be Monroe County's first (and possibly only) time to play at a college stadium on a field turf surface.

While I think the geographical oddity of playing in Tennessee is interesting, it's much ado about nothing. As long both schools and the KHSAA are fine with it, I dont think it matters if people in NKY, EKY, CKY, and Louisville have an issue with it.

WHo cares where they play as long as the teams have fun and play hard. Good Luck to both teams.

That was my point exactly!!! IMO the only people that should care are the ones that it effects., and I can say without a doubt Monroe is tickled blue(we do not do pink, we bleed blue)!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

That was my point exactly!!! IMO the only people that should care are the ones that it effects., and I can say without a doubt Monroe is tickled blue(we do not do pink, we bleed blue)!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Could not agree more. Monroe CO. happy to still be playing. Only 24 teams in state still playing at this time. I would bet a lot of other teams would still like to be playing no matter where the game is played.

Could not agree more. Monroe CO. happy to still be playing. Only 24 teams in state still playing at this time. I would bet a lot of other teams would still like to be playing no matter where the game is played.

Exactly, no matter where the game is played.....it's being played, and I'm sure that there are a few boys somewhere in the commonwealth of Kentucky that would like to be playing this Friday night, whether it be in Clarksville, TN...Tompkinsville, KY, or Fort Campbell, KY.

Later.