Semi Finals game played out of state?

ddky1970

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fort Campbell is located on the border of KY and TN.

Geographically, the field is located in TN, but when sending mail to the Fort Campbell Sports Office (co-located with Fryar Stadium), the mail is addressed to KY.

Although nearly two-thirds of the 105,000 acres of the post are actually in Tennessee, the post office is located in Kentucky, and the identification lies with that state.

Later.

I don't see how the KHSAA allows it. I don't guess it's an advantage though.

The Athletic Director at Fort Campbell isn't a moron, if it weren't allowed by KHSAA rules, the game wouldn't be played at APSU.

It's being played at APSU to allow a larger crowd to attend. FC knows that Monroe travels well, and they want to do their best to accomodate them.

Later.

Fort Campbell is located on the border of KY and TN.

Geographically, the field is located in TN, but when sending mail to the Fort Campbell Sports Office (co-located with Fryar Stadium), the mail is addressed to KY.

Although nearly two-thirds of the 105,000 acres of the post are actually in Tennessee, the post office is located in Kentucky, and the identification lies with that state.

Later.

As a NewCath fan, I'm starting the petition to get Ft. Campbell recognized as a military installation in TN.:D