Beechwood / Bellevue Predictions

Who will win?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

In their last 8 games (if you take away the second quarter versus NCC), Beechwood's defense has allowed a total of 24 points. In 7 games against 1A competition, Beechwood's first team defense has allowed one TD - Buckler's TD in the first game. They have shut out both opponents in the playoffs. I don't see Bellevue getting to 33. I know Bellevue's defense has some impressive numbers versus 1A also, and their defense is going to have to come up big to win versus Beechwood. Bellevue has to hold Beechwood to that same 20 point range as the first game, control the clock on offense and hope they can spring Buckler for a couple big runs to get into the 20's for the win.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their last 8 games (if you take away the second quarter versus NCC), Beechwood's defense has allowed a total of 24 points. In 7 games against 1A competition, Beechwood's first team defense has allowed one TD - Buckler's TD in the first game. They have shut out both opponents in the playoffs. I don't see Bellevue getting to 33. I know Bellevue's defense has some impressive numbers versus 1A also, and their defense is going to have to come up big to win versus Beechwood. Bellevue has to hold Beechwood to that same 20 point range as the first game, control the clock on offense and hope they can spring Buckler for a couple big runs to get into the 20's for the win.

VoR I think you've got the game plan. Execution is the name of the game now. I think this game will come down to just that. Which team executes their game plan and makes the least mistakes. Turn overs could be the difference.

VoR I think you've got the game plan. Execution is the name of the game now. I think this game will come down to just that. Which team executes their game plan and makes the least mistakes. Turn overs could be the difference.

That is more of a concern in this game to Beechwood than Bellevue. I chalk up all the fumbles in the first game to the conditions. I just don't see Bellevue turning the ball over. In the dry conditions this Friday, I think Beechwood needs to really focus on ball security.

Beechwood is a tough team this year, but so is Bellevue. I was at the last game between these two and was impressed by both sides for parts of the game. The mud played such a factor on both sides. Both sides had fumbles and misques. Beechwood obviously limited their's and did not have the center to QB problems that Bellevue had. Although, by my seat, Beechwood never really stopped Bellevue's Offense. Bellevue moved the ball very effectively even in the mud, but made big mistakes at big points. Beechwood only moved the ball on a few plays. I believe if you take these two teams on a dry field, that Bellevue is actually the better team. If they could control the ball in that mud bowl, then the game would have had a different outcome. But everyone can say if to either side of that. I am saying that Bellevue appears to be able to control games at their pace which has keyed victories for them. I think this game will be the same way. Bellevue controls the clock, comes up big on D, and pulls out the upset. I'll take Bellevue 28-18.

Bellevue's defense has been pretty stout too this year. The first team defense has allowed only 2 TD's in class A play. Brossart scored on Bellevue's 2nd team/JV's, Dayton scored on a offensive fumble recovery and Beechwood scored two offensive touchdowns.

So I would say that the defenses are both pretty good.

Bellevue's defense has been pretty stout too this year. The first team defense has allowed only 2 TD's in class A play. Brossart scored on Bellevue's 2nd team/JV's, Dayton scored on a offensive fumble recovery and Beechwood scored two offensive touchdowns.

So I would say that the defenses are both pretty good.

Were you at the game or going by what someone told ya? BW scored 3 second half offensive TD's...

[/b]that Bellevue is actually the better team.[/b]

You are the first person I've heard say this...even the biggest BV fan hasn't said this.

I think there is a difference in feeling it and saying it. Give respect to your opponent. Beechwood has earned the respect. They are State Champs until another class A team beats them. Which I hope and Believe it will be Friday. If you don't believe you can't win.

People are always pointing at Bellevue being one-demensional. Beechwood, when healthy, has a couple of weapons. However, with Colosimo in doubt, that leaves really Rigdon and Vocke (sp?) as their main threats. Take the inside running of Colosimo out and that limits what Vocke can do. Just as in the first game, Beechwood will have to go with Rigdon to win the game.

Stop Rigdon=Stop Beechwood!

I'll take Beechwood, IF they can avoid turning the ball over... keep the ball away from

Bellevue's offense and score at every opportunity. That should win the game. Bellevue had problems with Frankfort's speed. But creating turnovers and running down the clock won the game for them.

Beechwood 34

Bellevue 21

I firmly believe that Bellevue has the better overall team this year. They have the experience with I believe 17 seniors. Some big time play makers on offense and defense and most importantly, the confidence. This team has been saying since that loss to BW earlier that they expected to win and that they expect to win this time. This is the difference maker this year, IMO.