Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rhino74

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rhino74

  1. What time is this press conference supposed to happen?
  2. I agree with the fact that Newport is moving in the right direction. I feel that if Nick Rice and his staff can hang around for a few years then the Wildcats will become a very good 2A program.
  3. I have heard from a source very close to the program that a lot of Greendevil parents want to see Chad Montgomery begin to take over the program. From what I heard from this person, the parents want him because of his background with the NKYFL, in hopes that as a head coach he will help re-establish the youth program in Dayton and keep it running and get it back to some level of success. Again, I am not sure how true this is, but I just thought I'd share that thought. This could be an odd year for Dayton. I think they could either have a pretty decent season (5-5) or they could have another awful season (2-8), just depends on what Deaton does to recruit players from the hallways and how he involves the rest of the coaching staff.
  4. I think that the obvious choice for the new coach is Eviston. Not sure if it's the best choice for the job but I do think he'll get it.
  5. Wow! First, As far as Ricky Buckler went this year in football, he had 30 carries in the Dayton game. Which if anyone would have read the papers this was roughly his average for carries in a game, even if it was a blowout or a close game. By the way he only carried the ball during the first series of the 2nd half. Also, Sullivan had only 8 carries in the Dayton game. Now, maybe in the Dayton rushing attack that is classified as doing all you can, but in a quality rushing attack and a quality coaching strategy that is called "mixing it up". Second, I know for a fact that the Bellevue players did not walk through the Dayton warm-ups. The players carried their stuff to the sideline and then went to the locker room (which is built like a holding cell). Plus, if Dayton's field wasn't such a crap hole and actually had room for people to move around in this would never be an issue. Plus, the "leaking" that Eckstein and his player supposedly did, was again because that locker room is built like a holding cell and trust me that "leakage" is definitely an upgrade to that facility. Now, back to the basketball game. Obviously if you were there and had any basketball knowledge, the Bellevue player fouled to get the clock to stop as they were only down about 5 points. This foul was in no way, a waylay. If so, then an intentional and/or flagrant foul would have been called right away.
  6. Players' attitudes reflects leadership!:thumb:
  7. What in the world are you talking about? Both Beau and Dave display very good sportmanship skills. That is probably is goofiest thing I have heard since, I heard Barack was accepting his Nobel Peace Prize.:eek: If you want to bring up sportmanship in blowouts, let's reference Dilts' decision to continue to press when Bellevue had conceded the game and put their subs in, while Dayton left their starters/6th&7th man in the game (pressing). Or how about Dilts' blowing up on Bellevue's AD after his JV player got ejected...what a quality display of sportsmanship! :sssh:
  8. I had the privilege of watching this kid play from the stands at Bellevue many times. I could only imagine what it's like to coach him. I did hear that he finished on the list of 12different KHSAA records categories! Pretty impressive career
  9. Bellevue's defense has been pretty stout too this year. The first team defense has allowed only 2 TD's in class A play. Brossart scored on Bellevue's 2nd team/JV's, Dayton scored on a offensive fumble recovery and Beechwood scored two offensive touchdowns. So I would say that the defenses are both pretty good.
  10. Who cares if Buckler carries the ball once or 100 times...it obviously has allowed Bellevue to put up big offensive numbers and average almost 40 points a game. It may be "one-dimensional" to the arm-chair QB's out there. But as the 8 teams that haven't been able to stop that one dimension and get their opinions of Bellevue's offense and Buckler's running ability. Beechwood even had a hard time stopping him the first time (176 yds) is pretty good!
  11. I am going with Bellevue in an upset Bellevue 20 Beechwood 16
  12. For all the those doubters out there....the ZIT wins AGAIN!!
  13. What a great game by both schools! Bellevue came out in the 2nd half like a team possessed and Frankfort came out just worn down. It's unfortunate that Frankfort had another kid ejected for the 2nd straight week! Very undisciplined as a team. Way to go Tigers and congratulations on making it to the third round!
  14. Can't wait to get to Frankfort and eat one of their concession stand hamburgers..by far the best that I have had!
  15. Buckler should have been considered for Mr. Football, however, he wasn't on the preseason list. This is why it should be totally evaluated on season stats, instead of being on a preseason list.
  16. Less than 12 hours to kickoff!! It's going to be one hell of a game.
  17. Having Quan may help Frankfort out this Friday, but I wonder how effective he could be after sitting out so many weeks!?!? Either way I am still going with the Tigers against the "Fat Albert"!:ylsuper:
  18. I am going to go with Monroe Co., I had the opportunity to see them play very early on in the season and I think they will be too much for Bardstown to handle. Monroe Co. 27 Bardstwon 8
  19. I wonder how the Bellevue fight song will sound in the state capital?
  20. I have talked to some of the players on the team (as I saw them walking down to the gymnasium for a Veterans' Day ceremony) and asked if Coach Eckstein was going to throw the ball this week. Coach Eckstein over heard this conversation and he said, "Trust me, we are going to throw all over them. They have a lot of holes in the secondary and I think we can sit back in the pocket and pick them apart." he then said, "tell everyone around town, to look for Richard Wills to have a career game."
  21. CoachBuckett...Do you think Frankfort will be polite enough to stop the game and allow Bellevue to present Buckler the game ball for when he gets his 21st and 70th yard rushing in the game?
  22. The talk around town is that Bellevue has been working on adding a few passing formations for Frankfort. I have heard that Bellevue has seend some things on film that they think will allow them to open up and pass against Frankfort and the glaring holes that they have in the defensive secondary. Wills has been a pretty effective passer all year. Bellevue will come out with a few 3-wide and 4-wide sets looking to pull apart this "Fat Albert" defense and will make Frankfort defend the pass. Hegge, Slater, Evans, and Rankin should have big games this week in the passing game for Bellevue. I know Coach Eckstein will still run the ball, but I think, he'll throw the ball to open up the running game.
  23. My mole on the inside of the Bellevue Football Program has informed me of some information that is beginning to bubble to the surface on the Tigers' team. One of the starting offensive lineman for Bellevue is beginning to develop a zit on his face. Which, according to my source, has been a precursor for a Bellevue victory over the last 2 years. So, I am going to change my previous prediciton of a 14-point victory to a guaranteed victory by the Tigers...this time by more than 14 Tigers 44 Panthers 20
  24. From what I have heard around town, Ricky Buckler is closing in on the Bellevue all-time career yards rushing record. The record is held by Mike Sutkamp from the early 80's. Buckler is a good running back and should easily break this record. With his running, Hegge's defensive plays, and the efficiency of Wills throwing the ball, the Tigers will be too much for the Panthers to handle this Friday. Bellevue 34 Frankfort 20

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.