Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 2010

Featured Replies

What does Newport need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Author

ttt

I think Newport is moving in the right direction. Keep supporting the young coaching staff and work hard in the off season. They need to get the best athletes out and keep them eligible to play.

Newport, just hang in their and the staff will lead you in the right direction!

Newport, just hang in their and the staff will lead you in the right direction!

 

Who are the Asst. Coaches at Newport?

Rick Honaker-Off.Coordinator

Matt Atkins-Offensive/Defensive Line

Tim Mosely-Offensive Line/Defensive Line

 

There are a few more but names and/or roles I forgot. Anyone else is more than invited to fill in the rest.

Mark Miller, Jess Meloche, John Jefferson, Dennis Brewer. I'm not sure what role these guys play. There may be a few others still.

I agree with the fact that Newport is moving in the right direction. I feel that if Nick Rice and his staff can hang around for a few years then the Wildcats will become a very good 2A program.

If Newport could suit up their staff, there wouldn't be many opposing QB's making it 4quarters. To the players of Newport, listen to your coaches. They have been there. Meloche won quite a bit at Highlands, Rice was an All-American in college for 3 years. They are highly intense, positive forces. Do what they say to do, and trust the system.

I was up to watch the Wildcats practice the other day. They look to be very athletic but under sized. The numbers look very low also. I hope they can get they can get the kids out to play, I see kids all the time walking the streets that could be up on the football field. If the coaching staff can get the kids to come out for the team and start to believe no one knows how far they can go.

I was up to watch the Wildcats practice the other day. They look to be very athletic but under sized. The numbers look very low also. I hope they can get they can get the kids out to play, I see kids all the time walking the streets that could be up on the football field. If the coaching staff can get the kids to come out for the team and start to believe no one knows how far they can go.

I was talking to one of the coaches yesterday. He told me now that track and baseball are over they will have more than 40 players. 20 of them seniors.

I was talking to one of the coaches yesterday. He told me now that track and baseball are over they will have more than 40 players. 20 of them seniors.

 

That would be a big Sr class for a AA team.

I was talking to one of the coaches yesterday. He told me now that track and baseball are over they will have more than 40 players. 20 of them seniors.

 

That would be nice, but kind rare for Newport to have that many seniors.

That would be nice, but kind rare for Newport to have that many seniors.

Lets just hope he was right.

I just took a look at last years roster. They had 19 juniors listed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.