Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 2010

Featured Replies

What does Dayton need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Dayton need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

Honestly I don't think there is a lot of hope for the immediate future in Dayton. In a class A school you are very limited in athletics. Their feeder program has only won a couple of games in the last 4 years. These are the kids you have to choose from. In class A "It Is What It Is". The improvement in Dayton needs to take a long term view. Get the young kids excited about playing football and get some good coaching at the grade school level. Best of luck to the Devils its hard to completely rebuild for a class A school.

I think they did very well on the frshmen jv level last year. plus they where missing a couple big players on that team.One could be a big leader on this team that they lacked big time last year.Will they compete with Beechwood next year.No but no team in N.Ky will Class A that is and they are young with alot of Jr.s coming back. Think coach Deaton doing a heck of a job with what he's got. Think they will be in top half of their divison this year.

I think they did very well on the frshmen jv level last year. plus they where missing a couple big players on that team.One could be a big leader on this team that they lacked big time last year.Will they compete with Beechwood next year.No but no team in N.Ky will Class A that is and they are young with alot of Jr.s coming back. Think coach Deaton doing a heck of a job with what he's got. Think they will be in top half of their divison this year.

 

I think he did less with more than any other coach in NKY last year. I think he still has some adjustments to make to being at Dayton and not a team like Highlands. Not saying he had a lot of talent last year but didn't do anything with what he had.

They have a young solid QB, I think his name is Jordan Smith he is going to be a junior and he is 6-5, he has decent speed and is a lefty and with a little bit more work he will be a heck of a player and a leader this year, I saw him play on the JV level and he dominated and had a lot of rushing tds, so I think Dayton has a good 2010 QB on there hands.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

They have a young solid QB, I think his name is Jordan Smith he is going to be a junior and he is 6-5, he has decent speed and is a lefty and with a little bit more work he will be a heck of a player and a leader this year, I saw him play on the JV level and he dominated and had a lot of rushing tds, so I think Dayton has a good 2010 QB on there hands.

 

LOL :laugh:. I must have missed the dominating part. Think they had a losing record. I think Rogg comes back and hopefully the other Smith [T.R] comes back think he had about 4 kickoff and or punt returns for T.Ds as freshman. Got the pompillo kid who is a beast,Nellis who is also big and strong as and ox. And A few more that I cant think of their names should be in the top half of class A N.ky. As long as these kids want it and work hard in the offseason.They will be ok

The had a 500 season but that kid did do a good job for his first year, and those kids are ganna have a good year.

The weight program is looking well, everyday 20+ kids excluding basketball players that play too. With the line averaging 6'1 across this should be a decent year of the running game for the Greendevils with Pompillio in the backfield.

Is it true that the NKYFL has folded the Dayton youth program? I heard that they did since they have not been competitive in a long time and continually have very low numbers. Also heard the same for Ludlow too.

Is it true that the NKYFL has folded the Dayton youth program? I heard that they did since they have not been competitive in a long time and continually have very low numbers. Also heard the same for Ludlow too.

 

 

 

No it is not true. But what is being discussed is to combine Bellevue and Dayton youth teams. Also, Ludlow is still around.

No it is not true. But what is being discussed is to combine Bellevue and Dayton youth teams. Also, Ludlow is still around.

 

Won't that create a civil war daily at practice??? LOL

At least the Dayton Kids will get the numbers to practice against.

At least the Dayton Kids will get the numbers to practice against.

 

I think jmoore33 has it right. At Dayton even the kids coming to the high school level that have played football all their lives are relatively inexperienced due to the fact that many days the youth program in Dayton doesn't even have enough kids to conduct a practice. If they combine the two teams it will benefit both varsity programs by having more quality players to practice against therefore more experienced payers coming to the varsity level. Instead of having to teach players the basics at the freshman level the coaches can focus on more advanced things. These kids already socialize with each other. It's not like the good old days of being at war with each other any more. On a side note it is only a matter of time before the two school systems have to combine. It doesn't make sense to stay independent when two school that small could save the administrative cost by combining.

I have heard from a source very close to the program that a lot of Greendevil parents want to see Chad Montgomery begin to take over the program. From what I heard from this person, the parents want him because of his background with the NKYFL, in hopes that as a head coach he will help re-establish the youth program in Dayton and keep it running and get it back to some level of success.

 

Again, I am not sure how true this is, but I just thought I'd share that thought. This could be an odd year for Dayton. I think they could either have a pretty decent season (5-5) or they could have another awful season (2-8), just depends on what Deaton does to recruit players from the hallways and how he involves the rest of the coaching staff.

The Bellevue program is willing to combine with dayton and even come up with some sort of team name. The Dayton program is unwilling at this point.

 

I agree papa, those kids will get better bc thats were it starts in practice. If your practices are unproductive then that shows in the teams performance. I get that there is some rivalry lines that need to be erased but there are plenty of youth programs that have multiple kids from different schools that end up playing at different high schools.

 

And I hope that whomever the coaches are at both high schools really try to help with the encouragement of youth players coming out. Sign up days, Youth camps....etc.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.