Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jmoore33

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jmoore33

  1. Here is he issue with freshman. Its the one grade in the middle. 10, 11 and 12th graders play together. 8th graders play with 7 and 6th grade mostly. So that leaves one lone class... 9th. I would like to see more teams adopt this framework. Varsity 10 - 12th (Friday night) JV 10 & 11th (Monday night) Might get more varsity coaches back... less weekends Freshman 8 & 9th (Thursday) kids are more physically similar Middle school 6 & 7th (Weekends)
  2. Sure they didn't play it before the first game. There were 2 games there.
  3. Are there any webcasts for this game?
  4. Great job to my little cousin. He has dominated at every level he has played. I can't wait to see what he and Dixie does in the playoffs and beyond.
  5. Another question should also be asked for schools with freshman numbers issues. Which would be better, having all your 8th, 7th and 6th graders play together while you only have one grade, freshman, play together. Is it better to have a format where 9th & 8th make a team and 7th & 6th make a team? Seems like a hole in there with numbers and they bring freshman up to JV instead of combining 8th and 9th to allow to play more their own age. Ideally you want a team at all levels and that would give you middle school 7/6 team, a freshman 9/8 team, JV 11/10 team and a varsity 12/11/10 team. Less conventional but give it some thought.
  6. Ha ha, obviously you don't do your homework and not taking anything away from the young girls at Holmes, they had a great season. But have you seen Turner play. You obviously don't know and to say better and wants the ball all the time even funnier. Last I check Holmes was in the Regional the previous two years. We will see once the season starts and again obviously you have no idea.
  7. Wow, I just saw the update about the official. That is just terrible news. I was standing about 10 yards away when that happened. He was in excrucation pain right away, but never expected this. I just hate to see this happen and I always thought he did a great job as a ref as well. Those refs do a great job each time they go out and this is evidence of how dangerous their job really is. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  8. The Bulldogs also had a touchdown called back on a penalty. In addition, Walton recovered two onside kicks. They also scored multiple times on apparent busted coverages. Some would say the game easily could have been much more lopsided.
  9. From what I have been told some of the schools sending letters to her are: Texas, Louisville, UC, UK, Marquette, Louisville, some Ivy League Schools. As we all know letters are a beginning, she is a Sophmore. We all know and from talking with her she knows, thats good, but until offers begin, its only a beginning, but is good that they are recognizing her this young.
  10. I have heard Deja Turner is getting some major colleges attention. She plays with All Ohio's Nike travel team.
  11. Jennings Scholmer Beal Pittman Wimzy But, Its amazing to see how many of these players played together on the same team. Beal, Wimzy & Schlomer vs Pittman, R. Johnson & J.Johnson would make a great 3 on 3 game. Jack is still the best I saw. I saw him break Dickie's scoring record with 68 points. Amazing touch with the basketball. He and Alphonso Pouncy where a great inside outside pair. As for the early 90's team, they had to be the deepest team. They have 10 guys that would all score over 10 points a game. C. Pouncy lead the charge with Hughes, Eilers, both Hayes, Jerry marshall, dwight campbell, antoine Brown, Drazen Katinic...I have to get my yearbook out to remember all of them. That lose to Fairdale in the state final really hurt. I can only image how the folks felt that saw the Scholmer shot at the buzzer. And if you ever saw Cleste Hill play, you would have to agree she could have started on any Holmes boy team. Have to give her props for the hall of fame induction. She deserves it.
  12. does anyone know who made the all tournament team
  13. Great game by the Lady Bulldogs. Turner was a force putting up 23pts. and being a floor leader. Several players stepped up and contributed big minutes.
  14. Turner led Holmes with 13pts but was slowed by an ankle sprain early in the first. Schaefer and Daly had a good scoring night for the Lady Birds.
  15. As the season is winding down. Who would you consider some of the top players in the region? Top 10 (in no particular order) Leah Schaefer Jordan Scott Deja Turner Nicole Kiernan Jessica Jones Deasia Beal Jessica Jones Olivia Voskuhl Dawn Johnson Olivero
  16. Holmes 6th grade beat newport by 30 or more, good job by both teams
  17. Great game by both teams. There were some really good players on display in this game. The Dossett sisters were as good as advertised and Turner for Holmes is a very good one. She fought through double teams from the tip. Holmes had several players step up with some good performances (Deena and Tabitha Kilburn). Best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.
  18. Great game by both teams. Holmes was led by Deja Turner with 31 pts and Deana Kilburn with 16pts. all in the second half. Tamara Holder added 13 pts. and 7 rebounds.
  19. You have to add Deja Turner to the mix. She has had a 30pt 5 reb 5 assist game and a 18pt. 5 reb 3stls and 5 assist game in her return for the lady bulldogs
  20. Holmes was victorious over Campbell County in a hard fought game by both teams. Holmes had the return of Deja Turner. She led the scoring charge with 30pts. and 5 rebounds. Tamara Holder had 23pts. Great job, Lady Bulldogs.
  21. Marshall's father was a stud running back for Holmes back in 89-90.
  22. Thats the signal for Cover 2. : )
  23. I have always this thought process for picking a POY. It would be the person that you would pick if you were to have the first pick of a draft. I would base this on what they have actually demonstrated this year on the court not potential. Stats are such a tough evaluation tool and I have never been a big fan of the, "means the most to his team." theory. I trust the human eyeball judgement, for example, how they take over a game, defensive attention they recieve and consistancy. Now, I have not seen live action of all the players mentioned but I would like to hear from those that have seen them all play, whom would you pick first if you were to start you own 9th region team? I have seen Rice and Burger play and I would pick Rice. Rice has dominated a lot of games to put them out of reach early.
  24. 1986-88 Holmes....Alphonzo Pouncy was a beast in high school. He was a big D1 recruit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.