Henry Counry/Western Hills Predictions

Who wins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about Ledford its Jimmy's and Joe's in this game not X's and O's... This is district time and the team who wants it the most will win. Can Miller and company stop Engstrand and his Offense they have been very sharp last two games? To me in this match up both teams will score, the Offense with the least mistakes will win in a shoot out.

Then let's include Miller and Engstrand. Who cares, right? :lol:

Well, Howdy folks, Ol' Leonard here returning after a week off where I had to take care of some of that family business. Missed Henry's beat down over North Oldham but if you remember I did call for a Wildcat win before I left town last week. Dem Mustangs just didn't have enough horses so to speak. Maybe Coach Billy should think about another Homecomeing opponent next year. Gonna' be a different animal to skin altogether this week. Coach Don Miller brings his mangy pack of Wolverines into the Wildcat lair this Friday night. And they are bringing a good team to tangle with them felines of Coach Chris Engstrand.

Both teams are sporting 5-2 records and both won their first district game last Friday night. Hills had a tougher time with Spencer, however, than Henry did with North. Hills comes in with highly touted, sasquatch sized, q.b. Dylan Curry, who is a big time high school q.b. He throws and runs very well for his team. He is helped out in the backfield by I-back Justin Wright, a solid ball carrier. A good offensive line rounds out the offensive side of the ball. Their defense does not appear as impressive as their offense.

Henry comes in after a good effort against North, maybe their best all round effort of this season. Pete Baldwin continues to grow as a running back while Lance Timberlake is a breakaway threat each time he gets a touch. Q.b. Luke Magness has thrown for well over a 1000 yards already and is turning into a complete player this year. The Cats have a good, solid defense anchored by all-state linebacker Erich Butler who is getting looks from several colleges. Defensive end Dylan Doll dominated North with his all over the field play. The junior had his best defensive game ever in Goshen. Hills will have to find Doll and deal with him all night.

Anyone who saw the game these two played last year know this will be a close game. Hills won that game 38-34 on an on side kick recovery late in the game after Henry had rallied from 20 down to go ahead. But it ain't over til its over and the Cats learned a tough lesson last year. Will the weather be a factor Friday night? Don't know, but my guess is a sloppy field goes in favor of the Cats just as it did last week.

The little smart pill machine had to put in extra duty this week to come up with a pick for this one. Hills will come in ready and certainly able to pick up the win. But I think Henry's win last week brought the team together for really the first time this year. I see a confident and determined group of Wildcats coming into this game Friday night. And they ain't nothing anymore dangerous than bunch of good ol' country boys playin' their hearts with their football brothers under the Friday night lights.

Leonard's loser and maybe even a loser in OT, Western Hills. Percy we got to get to WallyWorld and buy up some of them rain suits. Get me outta' here.

Colonel, I think that coin of yours is broken.

:lol::lol:

Tell me about it. I think this is going to be a fantastic game! I don't care if you're a Henry or Hills fan - or a fan of neither! - this is going to be a good game between two good teams with a lot on the line. Both appear to be coming into the game pretty healthy...so no excuses!

I can truly see the game going either way - so I expect the little things to loom large. Losing the turnover war, or having more penalties, or simply consistently having bad field position - any of these could be the turning points of the game.

I haven't seen Hills this year, but saw them the last two years and know that they have a solid defense and an explosive offense. Curry's a talent, and I think Hills is finally realizing Wright is a legitimate weapon.

I have seen Henry just about every year for several years...and this is the best Henry County team I've seen this decade. The difference between the Wildcats of this year and last is significant. The biggest difference over last year, for Henry - IMO - is that the offense is more talented across the board, has more big-play capability, and Magness' maturation as a QB is obvious in his cool play.

So what's the difference between the two? In a straight-up even battle - meaning turnovers, penalties, field position, etc., are all basically even - I think it comes down to Henry's defense vs. the WH passing game. I think the Wildcats win at home if they can help out their secondary by getting pressure on Curry. If - on the other hand - Hills can complete some passes against the rush, it could be a long night for Henry.

Forced to pick, I'm going to stay with Henry County by the slimmest of margins.

But this is a fan's game...sit back and enjoy! :popcorn:

Going to the game, Pigskin? Hopefully, we can connect again...

:lol::lol:

Tell me about it. I think this is going to be a fantastic game! I don't care if you're a Henry or Hills fan - or a fan of neither! - this is going to be a good game between two good teams with a lot on the line. Both appear to be coming into the game pretty healthy...so no excuses!

I can truly see the game going either way - so I expect the little things to loom large. Losing the turnover war, or having more penalties, or simply consistently having bad field position - any of these could be the turning points of the game.

I haven't seen Hills this year, but saw them the last two years and know that they have a solid defense and an explosive offense. Curry's a talent, and I think Hills is finally realizing Wright is a legitimate weapon.

I have seen Henry just about every year for several years...and this is the best Henry County team I've seen this decade. The difference between the Wildcats of this year and last is significant. The biggest difference over last year, for Henry - IMO - is that the offense is more talented across the board, has more big-play capability, and Magness' maturation as a QB is obvious in his cool play.

So what's the difference between the two? In a straight-up even battle - meaning turnovers, penalties, field position, etc., are all basically even - I think it comes down to Henry's defense vs. the WH passing game. I think the Wildcats win at home if they can help out their secondary by getting pressure on Curry. If - on the other hand - Hills can complete some passes against the rush, it could be a long night for Henry.

Forced to pick, I'm going to stay with Henry County by the slimmest of margins.

But this is a fan's game...sit back and enjoy! :popcorn:

Going to the game, Pigskin? Hopefully, we can connect again...

Absolutely Wouldn't miss it for the world probably going to be one of the best games played this season IMO. I'll keep you posted.

As usual in most close games, the offensive and defensive lines will dictate who wins. If Henry Co can get penetration on defense and rush Curry or hit Wright in backfield - huge advantage to Henry Co. If Hills can control the line of scrimmage and allow LBs to roam and make plays - huge advantage to Western Hills. If either offensive line can sustain blocks - that offense has the big advantage. With the rain and cold, might come down to who can play power football and not commit turnovers. I think this gives a slight advantage to Hills and their newfound Power I.