Is Simon Kenton #2 in 6A ?

oldjarhead

So very true. One day I hope to see SK on the same level as the powers in Louisville. SK was a doormat in KY football not long ago a large school winning 2 games a year against the likes of Scott and Dayton. When I played, no feeder system, and most kids didn't start playing until 7th grade due to that fact. Coach Odom started the South Kenton program and now that's a very solid base for the Neeers. Add Twenhofel and Summit View into the equasion and all of a sudden you have serious competition and that equates to a solid HS program. It's awful nice to go to a game and see your team win by 20 and be able to point out negatives, it's a drastic change from Friday nights in the past.

Great post! It speaks volumes for what is going on at Simon Kenton right now that this thread even exists and is quite reasonable to discuss.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very true. One day I hope to see SK on the same level as the powers in Louisville. SK was a doormat in KY football not long ago a large school winning 2 games a year against the likes of Scott and Dayton. When I played, no feeder system, and most kids didn't start playing until 7th grade due to that fact. Coach Odom started the South Kenton program and now that's a very solid base for the Neeers. Add Twenhofel and Summit View into the equasion and all of a sudden you have serious competition and that equates to a solid HS program. It's awful nice to go to a game and see your team win by 20 and be able to point out negatives, it's a drastic change from Friday nights in the past.

Nicely said, and I remember those games against Scott and Dayton as I was part of those 1-10 seasons. Now transitioned to Highlands my wife's hometown and raising birds that will be coming from the jr leagues. It is very nice to see what has happened in Independence. A nice field, good feeder program and a loyal following. A long way from the early to mid 80's.

If Trinity tackles like they did against Cincy St X it could be a long night. That game was early in the season so if the problem is taken care of Trinity probably wins in a close game. If not corrected, Miles will have a big night. Who will have the easiest path to the finals, StX or Trinity?

Great post. When I was there you went to the games to socialize with your buddies. There was a lot of kids that should have played that had no idea about the game. With all the feeder programs now the number of kids getting the chance to play is helping tremendously. I don't know if the open enrollment is helping yet but keep winning and I'm sure it will. Friday nights are alot of fun now in Independence.

I saw today where they've broken ground on the West side of Cholrine Meniffe stadium, south of the vistors section. From what I've been told, a two story fieldhouse equipped with a weight room and an indoor practice field. Also new, larger stands on the home side.

I saw today where they've broken ground on the West side of Cholrine Meniffe stadium, south of the vistors section. From what I've been told, a two story fieldhouse equipped with a weight room and an indoor practice field. Also new, larger stands on the home side.

That fieldhouse is going to be AWESOME.

I think Trinity is way down talent this season, but Simon Kenton fans should consider what "way down" means in reference to Trinity. They are still a very fundamentally sound team with excellent coaching, tradition, and depth.

I don't believe that they have fallen far enough for Simon Kenton to overcome the 48-point margin that the Rocks rolled up against you last season, but it would be a much more competitive contest.

The Rocks ought to be very interesting at the end of the season when they move Quick and Hatcher up to varsity from the freshman squad. :cool:

If Trinity is relying on freshmen they must be worst off than I thought. I never thought a school the size of T would have to go to the freshmen level. If true, StX has a better chance in the playoff's.

WOW, I guess the the kids in Piner will now be taken class in trailers for many years to too. :madman: I Know, I know wrong Thread.

It looks like Simon will have their chance to prove how they stack up.

I, for one, sure hope it gets interesting.

Which side of the bracket do they fall on, ours or St.X's?

I would like them to be on ours so we can see how this discussion plays out, and so I could see Simon Kenton play.

Which side of the bracket do they fall on, ours or St.X's?

I would like them to be on ours so we can see how this discussion plays out, and so I could see Simon Kenton play.

My unerstanding is that it's St. X, atleast that's what I've been led to believe. SK is just REALLY hitting on all cylinders right now, I'm just hoping they're not peaking too soon.