Is Simon Kenton #2 in 6A ?

oldjarhead

Let's not get to ahead of ourselves, still plenty of football to be played. Manual and Butler play Friday night, and that will determine the 2/3 seed for their district. NKY's seeds are complete: 1. SK; 2. Ryle; 3 Conner; 4 Boone. If we were to set the bracket right now it would look like this:

#4 PRP @ #1 SK

#3 Conner @ #2 Manual/Butler

#4 Boone @ #1 St. X

#3 Manual/Butler @ #2 Ryle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity who has SK played this year and what were the scores of those games?

Since I see folks putting SK ahead of everyone except Highlands and X, I am curious as to what powers they have faced.

Hit the Scoreboard link at the top of the page and then put in Simon Kenton. They lost to Henry Clay and beat a team from Ohio. Beyond that, it is just N. Ky. teams. I think the reason are getting on their bandwagon is the way they are manhandling their 6A district opponents. Ryle and Conner are both considered top 25 teams in the state by many and SK just crushed them with little contest. If you see them, you will understand why people are so high on them.

If the injury to X's starting QB is more serious than they are saying, things could well be up in the air...

There are some other 6A wild cards...Shelby County's defense couldn't stop SK, but their offense could match them score for score...their domination of Fern Creek was an eye-opener... Scott County is quietly having a very impressive year... Henry Clay already has an impressive win over SK...

Could it be that 6A is interesting again??

If the injury to X's starting QB is more serious than they are saying, things could well be up in the air...

There are some other 6A wild cards...Shelby County's defense couldn't stop SK, but their offense could match them score for score...their domination of Fern Creek was an eye-opener... Scott County is quietly having a very impressive year... Henry Clay already has an impressive win over SK...

Could it be that 6A is interesting again??

What teams other than X, Trinity and Male have won a 6A (or big school class) title in the past 20 years?

What teams other than X, Trinity and Male have won a 6A (or big school class) title in the past 20 years?

Nelson County in 1996 and George Rogers Clark in 1991. GRC beat Trinity and X in back-to-back weeks too. Probably one of the most impressive title runs in KY.

Hit the Scoreboard link at the top of the page and then put in Simon Kenton. They lost to Henry Clay and beat a team from Ohio. Beyond that, it is just N. Ky. teams. I think the reason are getting on their bandwagon is the way they are manhandling their 6A district opponents. Ryle and Conner are both considered top 25 teams in the state by many and SK just crushed them with little contest. If you see them, you will understand why people are so high on them.

What do we know about the Ohio team? How do they stack up against the big names in Cinci?

Also does SK pass the ball often or do they just let Simpson run it?

What do we know about the Ohio team? How do they stack up against the big names in Cinci?

Good questions. The school from Ohio is not as good as the big schools from Cincy. They pass the ball good. Their QB has 1166 yards passing. He also has 632 yards rushing. If you key on Simpson he can beat you with his legs or arm. If they get by X in the playoffs T would see a much, much better SK team than what they played last year. But getting by X is a VERY BIG IF!!!

Good questions. The school from Ohio is not as good as the big schools from Cincy. They pass the ball good. Their QB has 1166 yards passing. He also has 632 yards rushing. If you key on Simpson he can beat you with his legs or arm. If they get by X in the playoffs T would see a much, much better SK team than what they played last year. But getting by X is a VERY BIG IF!!!

I think SK has a tremendous opportunity this year...but they definitely better not count any chickens...

Let's not get to ahead of ourselves, still plenty of football to be played. Manual and Butler play Friday night, and that will determine the 2/3 seed for their district. NKY's seeds are complete: 1. SK; 2. Ryle; 3 Conner; 4 Boone. If we were to set the bracket right now it would look like this:

#4 PRP @ #1 SK

#3 Conner @ #2 Manual/Butler

#4 Boone @ #1 St. X

#3 Manual/Butler @ #2 Ryle

Is this right? For some reason I was thinking the playoffs were changing and it would be something along the lines of.....

SK -vs- Boone

Ryle -vs- Conner

SK/Boone Winner -vs- Ryle/Conner winner

Then the winner would play (more than likely) ST X

Lawrence, their QB, is a big running threat. Passing the ball, I think he is just good enough to keep you honest. But that is all he needs to be since he is such a running threat and with Simpson.

Is this right? For some reason I was thinking the playoffs were changing and it would be something along the lines of.....

SK -vs- Boone

Ryle -vs- Conner

I have not heard this. But I think it would be nice for the fans to have to travel as much. :idunno:

SK -vs- Boone

Ryle -vs- Conner

It was that way for a year or two. Its now back to playing another district in the first round.

Lawrence, their QB, is a big running threat. Passing the ball, I think he is just good enough to keep you honest. But that is all he needs to be since he is such a running threat and with Simpson.

So if a team were to go all out in trying to stuff the run, he can beat you with his arm?

It was that way for a year or two. Its now back to playing another district in the first round.

2007. :puke: That was horrible. Kind of negated any reward for surviving district play in NKY. Two teams were guaranteed a one and done despite there being a chance of at least three teams advancing. In 1995, 1997 and 1998 all four NKY teams in 3A won first round games, and most years it has been three first round winners. That had to :irked: somebody off.