Is Simon Kenton #2 in 6A ?

oldjarhead

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Trinity is way down talent this season, but Simon Kenton fans should consider what "way down" means in reference to Trinity. They are still a very fundamentally sound team with excellent coaching, tradition, and depth.

I don't believe that they have fallen far enough for Simon Kenton to overcome the 48-point margin that the Rocks rolled up against you last season, but it would be a much more competitive contest.

The Rocks ought to be very interesting at the end of the season when they move Quick and Hatcher up to varsity from the freshman squad. :cool:

No we don't......but we do recognize what we have seen, which is playing the hardest schedule in the state....I think it'll pay off nicely for us.

Oh come on guys. everyone who knows anything about football knows that in the end it will be X vs T. Now that it is down to apple vs oranges you two will win out. Let us have a little fun with that fact that when it was a level playing field T got SMOKED!! :dancingpa I know, I know that another thread. :notworthy:

I think that Trinity, Simon Kenton, Scott County, Male and Henry Clay all have to be considered contenders for the no. 2 spot in 6A. If I had to bet on it, I'd say that Trinity is a bit better than the other teams I listed.

Heck, I think it's still 50-50 that Trinity wins the whole thing anyway, even taking into account Saint X ... Trinity just doesn't lose in the playoffs.

Perhaps the first thing that needs to happen is for SK to score their first points on Trinity, ever.

2001: 60-0

2005: 52-0

2008: 48-0

Let's keep things in the accurate perspective.

Trinity dominated last year but this is a different year. For SK to beat T they would really have step their game up and get the right bounces but I wouldn't mail it in again against SK like Dixie.

Perhaps the first thing that needs to happen is for SK to score their first points on Trinity, ever.

2001: 60-0

2005: 52-0

2008: 48-0

Let's keep things in the accurate perspective.

Based on the progression of those scores, I guess a safe prediction would be 46-0. I think the fact of the matter is that right now, Trinity's '09 team would be ranked the 4th best of the loot, and SK's '09 team would be their best. Trinity would still be favored but unlike last season's game, I actually think SK would fare well.

I doubt we'll get to find out.

So very true. One day I hope to see SK on the same level as the powers in Louisville. SK was a doormat in KY football not long ago a large school winning 2 games a year against the likes of Scott and Dayton. When I played, no feeder system, and most kids didn't start playing until 7th grade due to that fact. Coach Odom started the South Kenton program and now that's a very solid base for the Neeers. Add Twenhofel and Summit View into the equasion and all of a sudden you have serious competition and that equates to a solid HS program. It's awful nice to go to a game and see your team win by 20 and be able to point out negatives, it's a drastic change from Friday nights in the past.

So very true. One day I hope to see SK on the same level as the powers in Louisville. SK was a doormat in KY football not long ago a large school winning 2 games a year against the likes of Scott and Dayton. When I played, no feeder system, and most kids didn't start playing until 7th grade due to that fact. Coach Odom started the South Kenton program and now that's a very solid base for the Neeers. Add Twenhofel and Summit View into the equasion and all of a sudden you have serious competition and that equates to a solid HS program. It's awful nice to go to a game and see your team win by 20 and be able to point out negatives, it's a drastic change from Friday nights in the past.

Next year will be the test of the program at SK. I agree that the future is looking strong in Independence but they need strong season season next year to prove it.