Tailgating Recipes

Uncle Rico

Put brats over fire until they're brown and begin to bubble/run through cracks in casing. Put on bun. Add sauerkraut and brown mustard. Or... without the bun, sauerkraut, and mustard is good, too.

Works well with cch's recipe above... or, any other cold or hot beverage.

-Walmart has 5oz bacon wrapped beef filets 2 for $3.58. They're not tenderloins but they are really good. If you want tenderloins they're 2 for $5.25. We grill 'em, split 'em, and throw them on a bun with horse raddish sauce, fresh garden tomatoes and lettuce. Everybody loved these.

-Potatoe salad or pasta salad (can make in advance or buy).

-Chips & salsa or any assorted chips & dip.

-Crock pot full of bbq meatballs. Can buy a bag of 120 at Meijer for $10.00, throw in a crock pot with some bbq sauce on slow cook before you go to work. It's ready when you get home.

• 6 years later...

Use your deep fryer. don't bring the grease though. I've done beef tips and noodles, chili, gumbo and those type of boiled items.

If you have an AM tailgate I recommend scrambled eggs. Take a heavy duty zip locked bag. Add an egg and have your other add-ons already diced up. Put your bacon bits, ham, mushrooms or peppers into the bag. Smash it all up and take all the air out of the baggie. Zip it up and drop into the boiling water. 3-5 minutes and you open the baggie and the omelet slides right onto a plate.

Beauty of the boiling tailgate foods is that the water can be dumped out and the pot cools off right away for storage. Unlike hot coals or a propane grill.

Easy tailgate treat I've learned since the original thread.

Put in crockpot early in the morning and it will be ready by tailgate time for Friday night game.

Fill large crackpot with frozen boneless skinless chicken filets. Cover with a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays, some brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Cook on medium to high for 6 hours.

Remove chicken and shred it with forks.

Add sauce from crockpot to shredded chicken and serve on slider buns with a slice of dill pickle.

Put in crockpot early in the morning and it will be ready by tailgate time for Friday night game.

Fill large crackpot with frozen boneless skinless chicken filets. Cover with a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays, some brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Cook on medium to high for 6 hours.

Add sauce from crockpot to shredded chicken and serve on slider buns with a slice of dill pickle.

You had me all the way until you said pickle...:puke:

We do this but instead of BBQ, we do Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce and put a packet of Ranch seasoning on top. Shred it and you have buffalo chicken sliders.