Little League World Series General Thread

Royal Uncle

I don't recall a player ever being as big as the 1B from Chula Vista. The kid is very advanced physically, and has a nice swing. BTW, I think it's about time to push the fences back. 200 feet isn't enough to contain today's aluminum.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall a player ever being as big as the 1B from Chula Vista. The kid is very advanced physically, and has a nice swing. BTW, I think it's about time to push the fences back. 200 feet isn't enough to contain today's aluminum.

The fence at the LLWS is 225 ft. I think most of them at the local leagues and state are still at 200 ft. though.

I agree I saw one kid hit one at least 100 ft over the fence.

The new composite bats are scary. The fences definitely need to be pushed back. The girls play on 200' fields, and they are hitting softballs. In hardball, they absolutely need to move them back.

I think for safety reasons they need to move the pitchers mound back to 54 feet and make the base paths 70 feet. It's just a matter of time until a pitcher or third baseman is seriously injured. Most of these teams have several 13 year olds after the rule change 2 years ago that changed the birth dates allowing an extra year for alot of players.

I think for safety reasons they need to move the pitchers mound back to 54 feet and make the base paths 70 feet. It's just a matter of time until a pitcher or third baseman is sreiously injured. Most of these teams have several 13 year olds after the rule change 2 years ago that changed the birth dates allowing an extra year for alot of players.

I totally agree! Those mounds are way too close for 13 year old boys.

Watched a game last night. Kid pitching gives up go ahead run and the coach comes out to mound. After the discussion the kid asks the coach if he can just hit the next kid up on purpose. The coach says of course not then the kid throws a fit and says take me out of the game. The coach instead switches him with 1B. Very funny.

Watched a game last night. Kid pitching gives up go ahead run and the coach comes out to mound. After the discussion the kid asks the coach if he can just hit the next kid up on purpose. The coach says of course not then the kid throws a fit and says take me out of the game. The coach instead switches him with 1B. Very funny.

Here you go. He looks like a young Judd Nelson. I can't believe the coach doesn't yank him out of the game unless he was out of players.