Vince Young Quote

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have my QB saying that then bench me which he once said. It's tough I'm sure. Think about how great he has been his whole life and now can't get in the game while he's in his prime. I still think he can be a good QB. He's got issues fro sho though.

Why did he have to bring the race card in there and say the next black QB to win the SuperBowl. What difference does that make? Why couldn't he have said I'm going to win the SuperBowl one day or whatever? I'll never understand that.

^ Because other than Doug Williams it has never been done. It is a common assumption throughout the NFL that although a quote on quote black QB may be flashy, and may pose an offensive threat, they will not get you to or win you a Super Bowl. Ever so often a Cunningham or a Vick will come along and it looks like finally someone will put that horrible assumption to sleep. However, it just hasn't happened. I feel Vince is just speaking from a standpoint that he is going to prove the world, that A.) not only can "he" still play. But B.) african american quarterbacks can be franchise pro quarterbacks, and can win you that big game.

VY has never failed in his life. He has had to come from much hardship and turmoil to get to where he is at now. His mom was an admitted crack phene his entire childhood, and Vince grew up very poor. The only thing that saved him was being gifted on the grid iron. After dominating from pee wee, to middle school, to high school, through college, this has been very tough on Vince because he has never not excelled on the football field.

^ Because other than Doug Williams it has never been done. It is a common assumption throughout the NFL that although a quote on quote black QB may be flashy, and may pose an offensive threat, they will not get you to or win you a Super Bowl. Ever so often a Cunningham or a Vick will come along and it looks like finally someone will put that horrible assumption to sleep. However, it just hasn't happened. I feel Vince is just speaking from a standpoint that he is going to prove the world, that A.) not only can "he" still play. But B.) african american quarterbacks can be franchise pro quarterbacks, and can win you that big game.

VY has never failed in his life. He has had to come from much hardship and turmoil to get to where he is at now. His mom was an admitted crack phene his entire childhood, and Vince grew up very poor. The only thing that saved him was being gifted on the grid iron. After dominating from pee wee, to middle school, to high school, through college, this has been very tough on Vince because he has never not excelled on the football field.

Cunningham would have been the one to do it. He had a couple of injuries at key times that derailed him. He also had the misfortune of playing during the overlap of the San Francisco and Dallas dynasties. I think he was the best dual threat QB to play the game.