Top teams next season

Montgomery didn't throw a freshman against Cabell Midland. Potter threw that game as well as the Harrison game. I don't know where the kid that threw for Harrison against Montgomery falls in there rotation, but I'm sure he's way down the line. So to imply that Montgomery is anywhere near the caliber team Harrison is based on this one games is ridiculous.

MC did throw a freshman (Lee) the first 6 innings against Cabell-Midland. Potter came in and threw the 7th. By the way, I wasn't implying MC is the caliber of team that Harrison is; MC has a long way to go to get to that caliber. I have nothing but respect for Harrison's program and they will be the cream of the crop in the 10th this coming year. This was a summer game, has nothing to do with high school season. This was a good win for a young MC team to build on for next spring and that's all there is to it. I just thought the commit, goofed off with their pitching, was a little disrespectful because it wasn't their pitching that lost them the game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt implying that the goofing off was coming from the pitcher. I was implying that the team in general was goofing around and that the pitcher of that game did not have his best outing as he is the 4th or 5th pitcher for Harrison. Martin and Dailey are Harrisons only two pitchers as of right now. Jordan Martin, a freshman, had a perfect game through six against Fleming and pitched very well as will be one of the top 4 pitchers next year for HC. The breds were without Dye and Chasteen, which are both two very good pitchers and players. MC outfield made some tremendous catches as Harrison would of hit 5 or 6 home runs if they were playing at home.

I wasnt implying that the goofing off was coming from the pitcher. I was implying that the team in general was goofing around and that the pitcher of that game did not have his best outing as he is the 4th or 5th pitcher for Harrison. Martin and Dailey are Harrisons only two pitchers as of right now. Jordan Martin, a freshman, had a perfect game through six against Fleming and pitched very well as will be one of the top 4 pitchers next year for HC. The breds were without Dye and Chasteen, which are both two very good pitchers and players. MC outfield made some tremendous catches as Harrison would of hit 5 or 6 home runs if they were playing at home.

Where are Dye and Chasteen?

East Carter and Boyd will be at the top of the 16th

Greenup County returns 10 seniors next season. They will still be tough, ecspecially on the mound with 4-5 guys throwing in the 80s. However, Boyd and East will also be good, but I dont think they will be the only two at the top.

Greenup County returns 10 seniors next season. They will still be tough, ecspecially on the mound with 4-5 guys throwing in the 80s. However, Boyd and East will also be good, but I dont think they will be the only two at the top.

All true, but the loss of Logan, Craft, and Martin will be huge holes for Greenup to fill. Logan leaving i think hurts the most b/c as anyone knows the catcher makes the difference in high school. One blocked ball or thrown out runner is the differnce between a win or a loss.

For 2 consecutive years Cov Cath was the prohibitive favorite going into the 9th Region Championship game and lost. Next year the Colonels will not be great but will still be pretty darn good. Maybe being somewhat of a sleeper will serve them better than being the chalk. Cov. Cath. will be one of the top teams in northern Kentucky and a tough out in the tournament.

Trinity will be the team to beat next year. They have a lefty throwing in the low 90's consistently and hitting as high as 94 mph. Tompkins will have a slew of seniors with experience of going to the state tournament. However, just like the 11th region, no telling who will win to advance to the state tournament.

Also, don't count out teams in the 11th. They seem to win the state tournament quite frequently over the past 10 years. With the regional tournament being played at Appleby's Park, they have several games under there belt before going to the state tournament. This is a huge advantage.

Trinity will be the team to beat next year. They have a lefty throwing in the low 90's consistently and hitting as high as 94 mph. Tompkins will have a slew of seniors with experience of going to the state tournament. However, just like the 11th region, no telling who will win to advance to the state tournament.

Also, don't count out teams in the 11th. They seem to win the state tournament quite frequently over the past 10 years. With the regional tournament being played at Appleby's Park, they have several games under there belt before going to the state tournament. This is a huge advantage.

Who is this lefty you speak of? If what youre saying is true, did he play last year? I heard nothing about someone who could hit 94 mph. I've witnessed some pretty amazing HS pitchers.

I think someone might have been stretching that number a bit for you. A left handed pitcher throwing that hard would be hard to miss..

For 2 consecutive years Cov Cath was the prohibitive favorite going into the 9th Region Championship game and lost. Next year the Colonels will not be great but will still be pretty darn good. Maybe being somewhat of a sleeper will serve them better than being the chalk. Cov. Cath. will be one of the top teams in northern Kentucky and a tough out in the tournament.

I don't think Covcath is going to be as good as youre hoping.

And I don't think we're ever going to see a team like the one Covcath had the past two years come through for a long long time. But as you said, that could be a good thing..lol

LH from Trinty is Corey Littrell.. He pitched at Applebees during state and top out at 86... He only pitched 2 innings and I think there gun is around 2-3 MPH off.. I have heard he was in the 90's this summer. I do know he is the real deal and should go high in the draft next year...

LH from Trinty is Corey Littrell.. He pitched at Applebees during state and top out at 86... He only pitched 2 innings and I think there gun is around 2-3 MPH off.. I have heard he was in the 90's this summer. I do know he is the real deal and should go high in the draft next year...

Littrell is very good and will be drafted. I'm hearing this summer that his fastball sits in the 85-88 range but when he wants to he can get it in the low 90's. His off speed stuff is what makes him so tough.