Top teams next season

Beechwood got some great breaks last year down the stretch. That being said they always seem to get the breaks. Maybe just maybe they make their own breaks. They have the winning tradition and that goes a long way. They will have a better team next year than this year IMO. We will have to wait and see if the couple of seniors they lost were the thing that made the team or if it was just the Beechwood tradition and we'll see next year seniors will step up and take the place of the ones they lost. With all the tradition and good coaching they have I think they have to be one of the favorites in the 9 th.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a thread about opinions on next year. No one has said Bellevue will not be better next year. They just will not be better than some of the other teams.

Did Bellevue lose there best pitcher or is he back? Who else will they have on the mound that will help them compete with the other 9th region teams? Someone will have to step up to hit in front of and behind Jones or teams will just pitch around him. Who will that be? I really do not know, so help us out and inform us BB#21.

For BW, AJ kind of struggled down the stretch in alot of peoples opinion. The under-classman stepped up and performed well. They will miss Snyders all for the team leadership. Hyde will also be missed, but replaced by a junior who missed last year due to injury. My guess is BW will be a better team next year, but will they get some of the breaks they got this year? Once again, next year they will be young but tested.

Bellevue top two pitcher are coming back Young, and Piper. The hitters that will be in the lineup with Jones is Alex Hegge who batted 433 last year with 31 rbis and then Young who batted 337. They have there top 3 hitters and there top 2 pitchers coming back.

Bellevue top two pitcher are coming back Young, and Piper. The hitters that will be in the lineup with Jones is Alex Hegge who batted 433 last year with 31 rbis and then Young who batted 337. They have there top 3 hitters and there top 2 pitchers coming back.

I'm sorry but I would have to disagree with this statement. Jimmy Scott graduated this year, who was chosen to pitch against NCC in the Districts, which IMO, would point to him being the "top pitcher".

However, Bellevue will be solid next year. Have they earned to be a part of this thread as top teams in the state? No. They may surprise some more people this season, but you have to win the big games to get talked about, and thats what Beechwood seems to do year in and year out.

East Carter and Boyd will be at the top of the 16th

While both teams you named will be good next year, don't think for a minute that Greenup is going to lay down. Granted, they lost some great players due to graduation this year, but they will be reloaded and ready to go come Spring. I look for them to make it back to Applebee's.

Young is a role player at best.

Yes indeed. Harrison kind of goofed around the last game and didnt get a very good pitching performance. The game before that they beat Midland, West Virginia and won 8-0. Midland is one of the top teams in West Virginia.

Yes indeed. Harrison kind of goofed around the last game and didnt get a very good pitching performance. The game before that they beat Midland, West Virginia and won 8-0. Midland is one of the top teams in West Virginia.

Congrats on the tournament win.

I known what you mean, MC was out of pitching by time they got to Harrison.

Cabell-Midland had a very nice team, MC lost to them 1-0. MC pitched a freshman against them.

Montgomery didn't throw a freshman against Cabell Midland. Potter threw that game as well as the Harrison game. I don't know where the kid that threw for Harrison against Montgomery falls in there rotation, but I'm sure he's way down the line. So to imply that Montgomery is anywhere near the caliber team Harrison is based on this one games is ridiculous.