Report: Favre Will Join Vikings By July 15th

Calling Vick a good QB is also blasphemy...

Where in my post did I say good?

Although I think he was and also think Vick takes a lot of un necessary flack. He had a shortage of weapons to say the least. I can remember countless times he hit either Roddy White or Michael Jenkins perfect as possible with a nice pass and them just stone hand it into the ground. Vick's abilities to make plays was unlike anything the league had ever saw, and he is arguably the best athlete to ever play in the NFL. Had a rocket arm, and legs most NFL RB's would kill to have. He also won games, not only in the regular season, but post season. Not too mention with a suspect D to go along with lack of offensive help. You must be a guy who is all about the stats, and not what you cannot prove on paper.

You tell me what the things listed above are, just average? :rolleyes:

Did you see Favre play last year? He's not the answer. He's old and done and I'm sick of these games he plays every off season.

Did you see Tavaris Jackson play at all last season? He's not the answer, this team has as much talent as anyother team, Favre is nothing like what he used to be-a young gunslinger that threw a lot of picks-now he's just an old gunslinger that throws a lot of picks. But he is a step up from Tavaris Jackson or helicoptering Sage Rosenfels.

The Vikes already have a a QB that is athletic and can't hit a reciever in stride on their roster.

Vick is light years better as a runner though, and maybe with the time he's had off he will be able to have some of his game toyed with and he can improve his decision making.

With the three quarterbacks the Vikings have on the roster: Sage Rosenfels, Tavaris Jackson and John David Booty, Vick and Favre are a step up from those three.

Did you see Tavaris Jackson play at all last season? He's not the answer, this team has as much talent as anyother team, Favre is nothing like what he used to be-a young gunslinger that threw a lot of picks-now he's just an old gunslinger that throws a lot of picks. But he is a step up from Tavaris Jackson or helicoptering Sage Rosenfels.

Vick is light years better as a runner though, and maybe with the time he's had off he will be able to have some of his game toyed with and he can improve his decision making.

With the three quarterbacks the Vikings have on the roster: Sage Rosenfels, Tavaris Jackson and John David Booty, Vick and Favre are a step up from those three.

Do you remember how hard we laughed about that? I thought my brother was going to die! Best play in NFL History:laugh:

I wish the media would quit trying to break all these stories. They have worn this thing out not Favre. He is trying to decide if his old broken down body can handle it. I would love to see he and AP in the backfield together along with Percy Harvin. I don't know how you can't get excited about him vs Green Bay and now he and Cutler also in the same division. I've felt all along this was how it would work out. Kirwin is about as good as there is.

Although I think he was and also think Vick takes a lot of un necessary flack. He had a shortage of weapons to say the least. I can remember countless times he hit either Roddy White or Michael Jenkins perfect as possible with a nice pass and them just stone hand it into the ground. Vick's abilities to make plays was unlike anything the league had ever saw, and he is arguably the best athlete to ever play in the NFL. Had a rocket arm, and legs most NFL RB's would kill to have. He also won games, not only in the regular season, but post season. Not too mention with a suspect D to go along with lack of offensive help. You must be a guy who is all about the stats, and not what you cannot prove on paper.

How about his 53% pass completion rate? Sure Vick was a highlight waiting to happen but he's one leg injury away from being a below average QB.

Did you see Favre play last year? He's not the answer. He's old and done and I'm sick of these games he plays every off season.

Dude, before his injury he was easily one of 10 best QB's in the league last year. If he's healthy he'll still be a top 10 QB in the league this year.

The Falcons seemed to do MUCH better with a rookie QB then they did with Vick. Just saying, ...

With that being said, Vick does have a canon for an arm and obviously is a tremendous athlete, ... but he wasn't a very accurate passer. It doesn't matter how hard you can throw it, but if you can hit your receiver.

But there is no denying that Vick is a tremendous athlete, ... just not a great QB.

The Falcons seemed to do MUCH better with a rookie QB then they did with Vick. Just saying, ...

With that being said, Vick does have a canon for an arm and obviously is a tremendous athlete, ... but he wasn't a very accurate passer. It doesn't matter how hard you can throw it, but if you can hit your receiver.

But there is no denying that Vick is a tremendous athlete, ... just not a great QB.

My thoughts! :thumb: Huge arm and a great runner, but didn't hit recievers in stride often. Not a good QB, IMO...

My thoughts! :thumb: Huge arm and a great runner, but didn't hit recievers in stride often. Not a good QB, IMO...

Matt Ryan had a lot more surrounding him last year than Vick ever had. Ryan is a better passer, but put Vick with that team and I would like to see what the outcome would be. Vick does have a stronger arm though.