Homer's Odyssey- Start 2

He should have been traded 2 years ago right at the end of spring training when his stock was huge! The Reds could have gotten a proven starter or a mid to high level position player at that point. Now they may get some McDonald's gift certificates for him.

He should have been traded 2 years ago right at the end of spring training when his stock was huge! The Reds could have gotten a proven starter or a mid to high level position player at that point. Now they may get some McDonald's gift certificates for him.

Unbelievable.

He's 22, maybe 23.

What makes you think that a team would have traded a proven starter for Homer Bailey? How many successful franchises trade proven starters for young, unproven talent?

He was ejected for throwing @ a batter following a home run.

Back "in the day" that was a common occurance. You hit a dinger off of someone like Drysdale or Gibson and the next guy up was going to take a seat (or take one in the ribs!). Nobody questioned them "losing their cool".

Now granted, Homer is no HOF'er like those two. But still, I don't mind a guy standing up for himself and reclaiming the inner part of the plate.

Back "in the day" that was a common occurance. You hit a dinger off of someone like Drysdale or Gibson and the next guy up was going to take a seat (or take one in the ribs!). Nobody questioned them "losing their cool".

Now granted, Homer is no HOF'er like those two. But still, I don't mind a guy standing up for himself and reclaiming the inner part of the plate.

Drysdale's classic quote in which he said after hitting a batter who was going to get an intentional walk: "Why waste the pitches?"

:thumb: Josh Beckett did the same Sunday.

One thing I do like about Homer is he keeps ya guessing...:lol:

:laugh: That's for sure, he keeps you guesing as to when he is going to go off the deep end!. I am sick of his "temper tantrums" and arrogance with not having shown anything to back it up.:irked:

As for Beckett, I saw that but Beckett is an established starter/talent, one of the best in baseball imo. Homer???:idunno:, has basically done nothing and if the Reds could trade him and get something out of him now then by all means do so. jmo

:thumb: I certainly agree that a pitcher has to pitch inside and "own"the inside part of the plate. I believe the key to that is that Homer has basically done nothing to demand respect. I know what you are saying about Gibson, Drysdale and others. Like I stated about Beckett in my last post, they are proven and demand respect. Bailey hasn't proven anything to me but dissapointment.

:laugh: That's for sure, he keeps you guesing as to when he is going to go off the deep end!. I am sick of his "temper tantrums" and arrogance with not having shown anything to back it up.:irked:

As for Beckett, I saw that but Beckett is an established starter/talent, one of the best in baseball imo. Homer???:idunno:, has basically done nothing and if the Reds could trade him and get something out of him now then by all means do so. jmo

I agree he's been a huge disappointment, but at this point I can't see trading him. We'd get nothing for him, so I'd rather hang on to him and see if by some miracle he develops into anything worthwhile at all. It is truly amazing to see how far he's fallen given everyone's expectations two years ago.

:thumb:

I agree he's been a huge disappointment, but at this point I can't see trading him. We'd get nothing for him, so I'd rather hang on to him and see if by some miracle he develops into anything worthwhile at all. It is truly amazing to see how far he's fallen given everyone's expectations two years ago.

Everyone's expectations were unrealistically high.

Give him time - he's still only 22 years old (23, at the max).