Top Players in the Sweet 16

I know he has already been mentioned, but I think the player who will open the most eyes will be Elisha Justice from SV. I dont think people realize how great this kid is. He is a little undersized (5'11"ish) but has all the tools you look for in a guard. If SV can make a run, this tourney could serve as his coming out party.

Another kid from SV that I love watching is Taylor Newsome (#15, i think). He doesnt do a lot of spectacular things so he might not stand out to most people. But he is the perfect role player, the type of glue guy great teams need to have.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he has already been mentioned, but I think the player who will open the most eyes will be Elisha Justice from SV. I dont think people realize how great this kid is. He is a little undersized (5'11"ish) but has all the tools you look for in a guard. If SV can make a run, this tourney could serve as his coming out party.

Another kid from SV that I love watching is Taylor Newsome (#15, i think). He doesnt do a lot of spectacular things so he might not stand out to most people. But he is the perfect role player, the type of glue guy great teams need to have.

I love his game. I just wish he and the rest of the SV squad shot FTs better.

Everyone has pretty much mentioned all the players I would have named... Except for Neal Pawsat from Mason. That kid may not be a physical specimen like some mentioned above, but he is a gamer and can flat out drain it from the perimeter.

I agree and only a sophomore too, I believe? It's great when you have a big guy that can bang down low, get rebounds, then come out and drain the 3. He is the one that kept them in the game in the first half against GRC as he hit some big shots. If him, Middleton, and even Downing to a degree all play good they will be a very tough out. I like Mason a lot, I just don't know if they have the offensive power to get far again this year.

:thumb: I was just going to mention Taylor Newsome, you are 100% correct on him (including his number, #15). The Shelby Valley players were at the BOK last night watching the 10th finals and the first half of the 9th finals, it's nice to have won your region and be able to go scout your next two possible oponents.

Not many people outside of the 12th Region knows much about Polson. He will be the best Point Guard in the State Tourney. Got size, can shoot and pass and is super quick.

:popcorn: This thread is getting ready to explode with the Elliott faithful coming at the bolded like a spider monkey.

:popcorn: This thread is getting ready to explode with the Elliott faithful coming at the bolded like a spider monkey.

Well I won't explode or anything. To be honest haven't seen the kid play. Didn't even hear about him until about halfway through the season. On the other hand I had heard of Ethan Faulkner's game since his freshman year and although an Elliott fan the last year and a half I didn't see him actually play until his sophomore year in the state tournament. Kid puts up 51 points in the upset of Lexington Catholic which isn't shabby.

Doesn't appear likely the two will match-up. Although West is in what I think is the weakest quad bracket and might (operative word) get to the SF on Saturday. 12th doesn't have a very good track record in the 1st round lately. Don't think they can beat Corbin or Eastern, though.