Top Players in the Sweet 16

Well I won't explode or anything. To be honest haven't seen the kid play. Didn't even hear about him until about halfway through the season. On the other hand I had heard of Ethan Faulkner's game since his freshman year and although an Elliott fan the last year and a half I didn't see him actually play until his sophomore year in the state tournament. Kid puts up 51 points in the upset of Lexington Catholic which isn't shabby.

Doesn't appear likely the two will match-up. Although West is in what I think is the weakest quad bracket and might (operative word) get to the SF on Saturday. 12th doesn't have a very good track record in the 1st round lately. Don't think they can beat Corbin or Eastern, though.

Polson has Avg. 31 pts. a game the last 6 games. Saw Faulkner play in Myrtle Beach, this kid is Better and just a Jr. Faulkner is good and don't want to take anything away but Polson is better.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Justice in the All "A" semi's and finals, I'd say he's the best pure pg in this tourney. Kid does it all.

I agree. I also watched Justice in the All "A" and he has the best mid range game i have seen this year. Good luck to Shelby Valley at Rupp.

Christian Co: 6'4 Shaq Wilson, 6'1 Corey Wilford

Holmes: 6'5 Ricardo Johnson, 6'7 Elijah Pittman, 6'4 Jeremiah Johnson

Lexcath: 6'4 Vee Sandord

Elliott Co: 6'2 Jonathon Ferguson, 6'1 Ev. Faulkner, 6'1 Et. Faulkner

Anderson Co: 6'5 CJ Penny

Shelby Valley: 5'11 Elijah Justice, 6'6 Ashley Hatfield

Mason Co: 6'3 Russ Middleton

Eastern: 6'3 Chris Dowe, 5'11 Delquan Thomas

Hazard: 6'1 Josh Whitaker

Corbin: 6'5 Josh Crawford

Adair Co: 6'7 Darren Ballou

Hazard- 6'1 Josh Whitaker

I like your list of players, but these heights must have been done with these kids wearing elevator shoes.

Subtract 2+ inches on all of these.

Polson has Avg. 31 pts. a game the last 6 games. Saw Faulkner play in Myrtle Beach, this kid is Better and just a Jr. Faulkner is good and don't want to take anything away but Polson is better.

Ethan Faulkner averaged a triple double throughout regional tournament play. Not to mention the 4 or 5 other triple doubles he had during the season. Now I haven't seen Polson play, but I would take Ethan over and pg in the state with Justice a close second. I think those are the two most pure pg in the state. They play the pg role to perfection based on what their teams needs them to do. Including defensively.

I like your list of players, but these heights must have been done with these kids wearing elevator shoes.

Subtract 2+ inches on all of these.

Not sure about some of the others, but I know all three of the Holmes players' heights are legit...that's what they were measured at during the UK Elite camp.

The others, I just used their listed height.

I know Middleton of MC is 6'3...he might actually be more in the 6'4 range.

Ethan Faulkner averaged a triple double throughout regional tournament play. Not to mention the 4 or 5 other triple doubles he had during the season. Now I haven't seen Polson play, but I would take Ethan over and pg in the state with Justice a close second. I think those are the two most pure pg in the state. They play the pg role to perfection based on what their teams needs them to do. Including defensively.

Agree, 100%

What about Setty from Mason.

I was wondering why no one had said his name.

I Setty is on watch out! :isurrender::popcorn:

I agree I have seen Mason play twice this year and Setty is the player that impressed me the most from their team. Middleton is a good player, but I would chose Setty over him.

I was really impress with Justice and Hatfield from Shelby Valley. Fans will fall in love with both of these players.

I know he has already been mentioned, but I think the player who will open the most eyes will be Elisha Justice from SV. I dont think people realize how great this kid is. He is a little undersized (5'11"ish) but has all the tools you look for in a guard. If SV can make a run, this tourney could serve as his coming out party.

Another kid from SV that I love watching is Taylor Newsome (#15, i think). He doesnt do a lot of spectacular things so he might not stand out to most people. But he is the perfect role player, the type of glue guy great teams need to have.

I heard Florida is looking at Justice. He is a very nice player,I was impressed in the all A.

Not sure of his name but a player I saw in the 10th Region final was #23 for Mason Co. He is a sophmore I believe and did everything. He looks like a solid young man....a football players body. He is strong on the boards and the inside post, he also shot the 3ball well on Tuesday.

Mason fans, who is this young man?

Not sure of his name but a player I saw in the 10th Region final was #23 for Mason Co. He is a sophmore I believe and did everything. He looks like a solid young man....a football players body. He is strong on the boards and the inside post, he also shot the 3ball well on Tuesday.

Mason fans, who is this young man?

Neal Pawsat

I agree I have seen Mason play twice this year and Setty is the player that impressed me the most from their team. Middleton is a good player, but I would chose Setty over him.

I was really impress with Justice and Hatfield from Shelby Valley. Fans will fall in love with both of these players.

Middleton is the hub of the Mason Co team. He's the one who make things happen.

I heard Florida is looking at Justice. He is a very nice player,I was impressed in the all A.

I wont swear its true, but from what I've heard, Arkansas is the school that has had the most contact with Justice. Makes sense, with the whole Pelphrey, Eastern KY connection.