Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IF you could add one player to this....

Featured Replies

Stats never tell the whole story. He was the unquestioned floor general. He got guys in the right spots, made good decisions, and as he showed in the 98' title run, when he wanted to get to the basket his combination of size, strength, and speed made him virtually impossible to stop.

 

I agree 100%. Wayne Turner is one of my all-time favorite players at UK because of what he brought to the team. People always questioned his stats, but he scored plenty and shot 48% from the field. Remember, he didn't have to score much - he was on two national title teams. Also one of (maybe the) winningest players in college basketball history.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck Hayes and Kyle Macy come to mind.

KAZ

Rondo's shut down D spectacular ball handleing and ability to penetrate defenses makes him a great choice

I was at a local grocery store, With my father..And just so happens Travis Ford was there, and My father ask me If I would like for him to sign something for me, And the way he treated me and my Father was ridiculus. So from that day forward I haven't liked him, Like we should bow to him because he wore a UK uniform, Forget that....I will never pull for him, And as BIG of a fan of UK as I am, Would quit pulling for UK IF he ever became the Head Coach....I Hate him

 

That Is why I hate Travis Ford...Which I have the right to Like/Dislike anyone I choose...lol

 

It's funny you say that. My brother cannot stand Travis Ford for a similar reason. He and his buddy (who were in grade school at the time) asked Ford for his autograph & Ford tried to charge them $5. They were at a basketball camp, and Ford was the guest speaker.

 

 

Rondo's shut down D spectacular ball handleing and ability to penetrate defenses makes him a great choice

 

Rondo would be a great choice, particularly since this team needs a PG; however, this team needs another shooter and I don't think Rondo would help too much in that regard.

 

Here are my top 3 choices:

Rajon Rondo - As I mentioned, we need a PG and Rondo is a stud. He'd also be able to drive to the hole and kick out to Meeks or dish to PatPat.

 

Erik Daniels - I'd love to see the post play w/ Patterson & Daniels down low, complimenting each other.

 

Tony Delk - A guard who can flat out shoot the rock.

Obviously Jamal Mashburn! Hes the man.

 

A guy no one has mentioned who would really solve a lot of problems is Derek Anderson. Hes a good defender, shooter, and penetrator. Thats probably the best combination of the 3 things I can think of that would really help UK.

I think a pure shooter like Patrick Sparks could definetly help the cats this year.

Mash, Rondo, Delk, or Prince

Monster Mash because he is the best player to wear the uniform in my viewing era.

 

Travis Ford was notorious in Richmond for being a donkey.

 

 

I can vouch for that. Met him at a camp at EKU and thought " I wished I'd never met you.":madman:

 

My buddy sitting here didn't like him either. :taz:

Obviously Jamal Mashburn! Hes the man.

 

A guy no one has mentioned who would really solve a lot of problems is Derek Anderson. Hes a good defender, shooter, and penetrator. Thats probably the best combination of the 3 things I can think of that would really help UK.

 

 

I was gonna say Mercer.

Please explain..:popcorn:

 

 

Saw him and the Team in the CVG airport one year as they had returned from Maui. Me and a friend talked with Rodrick Rhodes for about 10 minutes straight, very nice fella. Tried to speak and congradulate Ford, he acted as we were totally beneath him and wouldn't give us the time of day.

  • Author
Saw him and the Team in the CVG airport one year as they had returned from Maui. Me and a friend talked with Rodrick Rhodes for about 10 minutes straight, very nice fella. Tried to speak and congradulate Ford, he acted as we were totally beneath him and wouldn't give us the time of day.

 

I'm going to be nice and say, I hope I never see him again....Because..:sssh:

Obviously Jamal Mashburn! Hes the man.

 

A guy no one has mentioned who would really solve a lot of problems is Derek Anderson. Hes a good defender, shooter, and penetrator. Thats probably the best combination of the 3 things I can think of that would really help UK.

 

I second this.

Wayne Turner.

We need a point guard.

Wayne was a pass first point and great defender. Better IMO than Hawkins, Epps, and even Rondo in college.

Great winner in the NCAA tourney.

Rex Chapman, or Saul Smith, take your pick....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.