February 25, 200917 yr Dan Issel. I think he would be my choice no matter the year or what we had on the team already. Similar to Bob Knight. He was asked by a GM one time who they should take in the draft. He said, "draft Michael Jordan." The GM explained that they were covered at that position and needed a center. Knight responded, "well, then have Jordan play center." Some players you just do not pass on. Edited February 25, 200917 yr by bugatti
February 25, 200917 yr Travis Ford. And I have met Travis on several occassions and have never walked away thinking anything negative about him.
February 25, 200917 yr Id have to say Epps, Delk, or Rondo and since Rondo is probably the only one who can play still, Id have him no doubt. With the way he can get to the hole and dish, we be a top 10 team IMO.
February 26, 200917 yr Rondo running the point, Buike and Randolph Morris-the one that didn't have four fouls at half time, which I think happened every game. From the more recent teams, A healthy Derek Anderson, Mash, Delk or Magloire from some of the older teams.
February 26, 200917 yr If you chose a point guard, I would think you'd want one who would be a perimeter threat in addition to good playmaker/game controller. I really think Epps would be the choice, if only considering recent PGs. But you can win games with a non-perimeter scoring PG. Wayne Turner couldn't throw one in the ocean, but he had Sheppard, Padgett, Mills, & Evans to pick up the slack in the "3" department. Rondo couldn't shoot either, but he had Sparks (to a degree), Kelenna, Moss, & two solid post-players in Morris & Hayes (speaking of the 04-05 team). So if you have a non-perimeter-shooting point guard, I don't think that helps this year's team any.
February 26, 200917 yr I'm sorry but anyone who does not pick Mashburn should lay off the fire water. Masburn took a team with him and 4 other average players and went down to the wire with one of the better college basketball teams of all time in Duke. He is the most dominate player in recent UK history if not ever. Mashburn would make this team one of the elite in the country. They would have 3 of the top 20 players in college basketball.
February 26, 200917 yr There is no doubt this team desparatly needs a point guard, but watching them rebound is painful. You need someone who can ease the scoring load for Meeks and Pat, help with ball handling and get some darn rebounds. The best one for this job is Mashburn.
February 27, 200917 yr Wayne Turner. Best floor leader I've seen in my time following UK basketball. If we needed a bucket in a close game Turner was getting into the lane for a short jumper or a nice pass. No team in college basketball needs a pure point more than the Wildcats do.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.