IF you could add one player to this....

HCBearsFan32

Dan Issel.

I think he would be my choice no matter the year or what we had on the team already.

Similar to Bob Knight. He was asked by a GM one time who they should take in the draft. He said, "draft Michael Jordan." The GM explained that they were covered at that position and needed a center. Knight responded, "well, then have Jordan play center."

Some players you just do not pass on.

Edited by bugatti

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you chose a point guard, I would think you'd want one who would be a perimeter threat in addition to good playmaker/game controller. I really think Epps would be the choice, if only considering recent PGs.

But you can win games with a non-perimeter scoring PG. Wayne Turner couldn't throw one in the ocean, but he had Sheppard, Padgett, Mills, & Evans to pick up the slack in the "3" department.

Rondo couldn't shoot either, but he had Sparks (to a degree), Kelenna, Moss, & two solid post-players in Morris & Hayes (speaking of the 04-05 team).

So if you have a non-perimeter-shooting point guard, I don't think that helps this year's team any.

I'm sorry but anyone who does not pick Mashburn should lay off the fire water. Masburn took a team with him and 4 other average players and went down to the wire with one of the better college basketball teams of all time in Duke.

He is the most dominate player in recent UK history if not ever. Mashburn would make this team one of the elite in the country. They would have 3 of the top 20 players in college basketball.