Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IF you could add one player to this....

Featured Replies

Ra Smooth.

 

Sure would be nice to hsve the clutch fade away this year.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Ra Smooth.

 

I would give anything to have him right now...The toughness he had, I'll never forget, could you imagine the Guy from FL doing that to him...:sssh:

Monster Mash because he is the best player to wear the uniform in my viewing era.

 

Travis Ford was notorious in Richmond for being a donkey.

Wayne Turner is the obvious answer, but I'll go with Ron Mercer.

Wayne Turner is the obvious answer, but I'll go with Ron Mercer.

 

Why is Wayne Tuner the obvious choice ?

Why is Wayne Tuner the obvious choice ?

 

Because this team is in desperate need of a PG, and he's the best one UK has had for a long time.

 

However, Mercer would give them an extra dimension on both ends of the court, that would make them almost impossible to defend.

Why is Wayne Tuner the obvious choice ?

 

Turner is a good choice, but not the obvious one. Dan Issel anyone?? Mashburn? Delk? Ralph Beard?

Prince, he gives you a guy who can handle the ball, score at will, and play the post when needed.

Because this team is in desperate need of a PG, and he's the best one UK has had for a long time.

 

However, Mercer would give them an extra dimension on both ends of the court, that would make them almost impossible to defend.

 

I agree, but I'm sure many would not. I love what he brought to the court, but his stats do not back up the argument that he is the obvious choice.

I agree, but I'm sure many would not. I love what he brought to the court, but his stats do not back up the argument that he is the obvious choice.

 

Stats never tell the whole story. He was the unquestioned floor general. He got guys in the right spots, made good decisions, and as he showed in the 98' title run, when he wanted to get to the basket his combination of size, strength, and speed made him virtually impossible to stop.

  • Author

I was at a local grocery store, With my father..And just so happens Travis Ford was there, and My father ask me If I would like for him to sign something for me, And the way he treated me and my Father was ridiculus. So from that day forward I haven't liked him, Like we should bow to him because he wore a UK uniform, Forget that....I will never pull for him, And as BIG of a fan of UK as I am, Would quit pulling for UK IF he ever became the Head Coach....I Hate him

 

That Is why I hate Travis Ford...Which I have the right to Like/Dislike anyone I choose...lol

as bad as this team needs a PG, I would have trouble picking anyone but Mashburn.

UK team, From the Years past at UK, Who would It be, And why..

 

My pick would be Cliff Hawkins, Great PG, Better defender..:ylsuper:

 

I like your choice as #1

 

My second choice would be Travis Ford. Still a great pg which we desperately need, but also a great shooter.

 

Third choice Wayne Turner, good pg with great ability to penetrate.

 

Fourth choice, and is only fourth because we desperately need a pg, is Mashburn, perhaps the best UK player during my lifetime.

 

Rondo is not a bad choice but I dont feel this team could still run even with him, and this takes away a lot of what he has to offer.

 

Bradley is not a bad choice either, but I dont believe he has the point guard abilities of the others listed.

Anthony Epps wasn't a big scorer, but his assist to turnover in 1996 was 175-53. In 1997 it was 193-62. I would take that today.

 

I loved Anthony Epps. He was money when you needed a big play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.