2009 Raceland

Ram

You're right alum, you will be surprised at how many former Greenup students have their children at Raceland .

Former students at Russell and other area schools as well also make up a good number of "Raceland parents" now and not all are due to sports related reasons. I had a RWHS staff/faculty member tell me just last week that enrollment numbers/transfers to Raceland were way up.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today was my youngest daughter's 1st day of school. I was amazed at the number of parents that I went to school with at Greenup, who are taking their children to Raceland. It certainly says something about the system when parents who were brought up to be die hard rivals of a certain school see past that and pick the school for their children.
Where were your kids supposed to go? Argilitte? Wurtland?...Both put up better CATS test scores than the Raceland elem. schools. Heck Wurtland was top 5 i the state. What are you thinking?

On a side note: I don't know if you heard or not, but after the first of the year, Campbell Elementary will be adding on five new classrooms to accommodate the student numbers. There is now a waiting list for students at Campbell, the five new classrooms will make room for the increased number.

It's a great day to be a Ram.:ylsuper:

I know!! I couldn't believe it when I heard that they already had four full Kindergarten classes!

You're right alum, you will be surprised at how many former Greenup students have their children at Raceland, I know I always am, you will see quite a few Russell graduates as well. People that I played sports against in high school, I see all the time. Good to have your kids there, you and them will be happy.:thumb:

Thanks, I wish I had all of them here, but their mothers won't agree.

So, you are leaving GC in favor of Raceland.......did you discuss this with Coupon? He is going to be very upset with you! :clap: Contact me and I will let you know where to get your orange and black as we slowly convert you, by Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

I knew I forgot to do something!!!:ohbrother: I still have one child in the Greenup County School system. I also have three in Magoffin County. I will end up with so many school shirts that I will never have to buy clothes again. I am still trying to find a green/orange combo shirt for Sept. 11th.

I know!! I couldn't believe it when I heard that they already had four full Kindergarten classes!

Thanks, I wish I had all of them here, but their mothers won't agree.

I knew I forgot to do something!!!:ohbrother: I still have one child in the Greenup County School system. I also have three in Magoffin County. I will end up with so many school shirts that I will never have to buy clothes again. I am still trying to find a green/orange combo shirt for Sept. 11th.

Alum, just don't let all the ex's get together with the current Mrs. and let them put super glue anywhere near you!:thumb:

Where were your kids supposed to go? Argilitte? Wurtland?...Both put up better CATS test scores than the Raceland elem. schools. Heck Wurtland was top 5 i the state. What are you thinking?

Calm down, Coupon. The daughter that is going to Raceland lives with me in Raceland. I moved up to the big city, my man, lol.

Alum, just don't let all the ex's get together with the current Mrs. and let them put super glue anywhere near you!:thumb:

I had the oppurtunity to have all of them together one time, and trust me, that was enough! And the current wife would like to get ahold of that superglue herself.:scared:

Very good post Option V :thumb:, this is basically a sports mesage board but academocs/education is really more important when you get right down to it and is too often overlooked. Other districts have good academic schools as well but Raceland/Worthington schools (admin.,teacher. staff) can hold their own with anyone in that dept (academics) as well.

We cannot forget that our sons and daughters are STUDENT-athletes, when I was coaching I always stressed school work before field work. We even set aside time to help our students with their school work before football practice began.

We cannot forget that our sons and daughters are STUDENT-athletes, when I was coaching I always stressed school work before field work. We even set aside time to help our students with their school work before football practice began.

:thumb: That is basically what I was saying.

Since we're talking about the academics at local schools as the possible reason for the large number of transfers, it's only fitting that the Kentucky Department of Education published the average ACT scores for high school juniors in 2009 today. I saw an article in the Daily Independent about this so I went to the Kentucky Department of Education website to see how the local schools stacked up. Here are the results:

1) Russell 20.1 (154 students)

2) Ashland 18.5 (225 students)

3) Raceland 18.2 (77 students)

4) Greenup County 17.8 (218 students)

5) Boyd County 17.5 (190 students)

6) Fairview 17.4 (64 students)

That being said, I still don't understand why Russell students are transferring to Raceland...but anyhow, back to the topic of the thread, Raceland football. I can't wait until the season gets underway and the game threads start.