2009 Raceland

Ram

Two new additions to the program? I hear Corey Gregg and Kyle Bush from Rose Hill are interested in suiting up for the Rams.
:isurrender::isurrender::isurrender: Are Channig Fugate and Miles Simpson coming to practice tommorow?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No but a 6'3" 220 pound RB just enrolled. He led the state of Florida in rushing at the 3A level. They say he runs a 4.4 forty. Just kidding, this is how all these rumors get started. Lets talk about kids that are actually enrolled at Raceland and eligible to play. :taz:

No but a 6'3" 220 pound RB just enrolled. He led the state of Florida in rushing at the 3A level. They say he runs a 4.4 forty. Just kidding, this is how all these rumors get started. Lets talk about kids that are actually enrolled at Raceland and eligible to play. :taz:

What rumors?

What rumors?

I think he is saying, if a student isn't enrolled in school, then it is just rumor. Really, if a student has not enrolled in a new school, we shouldn't speculate on them ever being enrolled at the new school.

One thing I've learned is to not get too excited about rumors. If they due indeed come to Raceland, it is too late to play this year anyway. Besides, there are eligibility issues and rules to follow.

:thumb:

:thumb:I agree doc, it's probably best to not even talk about it, until (if) they are enrolled.

:thumb: I can't tell you the number of ikids that I have "heard" that were coming t0 Raceland, Russell, Fairview, Ashland , etc. through the years and none of it was true :rolleyes:. Every year just after a season or during the summer these rumors somehow get going. When they are enrolled, eligibility requirements met and actually suited up and practicing then I believe them. That goes for anywhere.

Absolutely......besides, that is all rumor an you heard wrong, he runs a 4.3 and was considered the best athlete in the state of Florida, U. Meyer has already offered him a scholly:eek:.....another Tim Tebow.:notworthy:, Now, let's see how quick that one gets around.:popcorn: :lol:

I think he is saying, if a student isn't enrolled in school, then it is just rumor. Really, if a student has not enrolled in a new school, we shouldn't speculate on them ever being enrolled at the new school.

Great advice! :thumb: Let's get going with an talking about this 2009 Raceland Football team!!! :ylsuper:

I know we have sometimes neglected to talk about him, mostly because he was ineligible last year, but I have to talk some about Jett Troxler.

Troxler has really worked hard during his year off, he is bigger, more muscular, and looks to be focused. I think Troxler is going to have a good season, it yet to be seen how good. I am expecting good things from him this year. I hope he comes out focused and determined to do well and help this team win.

Another good topic, the men that work for a living.

Cody Grant, Rocky Jobe, Austin Johnson, Rodney Salyers, Brian Caudill, and Eddie Compton. This line may not be as big as last years, close, but not as big, but I think this unit is going to have to rise to the occasion for this Raceland team to be successful. Some of them are going to have to mature and play like veterans. Grant, Jobe, and Compton all return to playing time from last year and are experienced.

Johnson and Caudill have the size and ability, but are going to have to get the experience. Salyers is a man eater, I hope he rises to the challenge and is able to provide the time that is needed. These thee could be the missing link that was needed, but they are going to have to provide the effort that is needed. I hope they except the challenge and provide the blocking needed for a new QB and open the holes for the running game.

I was talking to one of the Rams players dad and he told me that the Rams took a big hit at practice on wednesday. He told me Barr is out close to 6 weeks due to a leg injury. Someone is going to have to step up now for them and he told me also Cody Kelly has returned to the team and should be able to help them in a month or so depends on how hard he wants it.

I was talking to one of the Rams players dad and he told me that the Rams took a big hit at practice on wednesday. He told me Barr is out close to 6 weeks due to a leg injury. Someone is going to have to step up now for them and he told me also Cody Kelly has returned to the team and should be able to help them in a month or so depends on how hard he wants it.

Barr could be back in as little as 4 weeks, we have to wait and see. But, he should be back before the district part of the schedule starts no matter what.

Cody Kelley has been with the team for a little while now, and is doing well. He will help the team in a couple weeks, not a month. Cody is a hard nosed kid, that is focused. He is a difference maker. Cody can play in Barr's RB spot and there will not be a drop off at all. Cody and Troxler will make a good combination in the backfield.

Rister is back to play on defense right now, I expect him to play the safety spot in Barr's defensive spot. No need to panic yet, the field is still going to have a lot of talent on it.:D

Barr could be back in as little as 4 weeks, we have to wait and see. But, he should be back before the district part of the schedule starts no matter what.

Cody Kelley has been with the team for a little while now, and is doing well. He will help the team in a couple weeks, not a month. Cody is a hard nosed kid, that is focused. He is a difference maker. Cody can play in Barr's RB spot and there will not be a drop off at all. Cody and Troxler will make a good combination in the backfield.

Rister is back to play on defense right now, I expect him to play the safety spot in Barr's defensive spot. No need to panic yet, the field is still going to have a lot of talent on it.:D

Where do you get such updated information and so quickly?:D