Shelby Valley 55 Elliott County 52

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby Valley has played together for years, in the summer and AAU circuit. They are a solid team on both ends of the floor and the FT's, will have to be an area of improvement.

Justice and Hatfield, can find ways to get shot and Adams can deny, on the defensive end.

Sounds like it was a great game between two very good teams.

Congratulations to Shelby Valley, and good luck to Elliott County in the remainder of the season, something tells me they are going to win some more games before the season is over.

Congrats Shelby Valley. I would have picked you because of what I seen yesterday with Elliott County. I thought this was a top 5 team. Not even close come on guys be real. I am not dissing Elliott County it is just the truth. They are a decent team though. I had a feeling the size would bother them to.

I just got in from the game and it was a good one! Shelby Valley really impressed me with the way that they just basically handled Elliott the whole game. Elliott was off today and the shots just weren't going but made it very interesting at the end. Justice from Shelby Valley really impressed me with his smarts and skills. It was impossible for Elliott to trap him, he created so many shots for Valley and also scored when needed. I've seen Elliott play 10 times better, but as the saying goes, you live by the three, you die by the three and today they died from it!

Congrats Shelby Valley. I would have picked you because of what I seen yesterday with Elliott County. I thought this was a top 5 team. Not even close come on guys be real. I am not dissing Elliott County it is just the truth. They are a decent team though. I had a feeling the size would bother them to.

While I agree with EC not being a top 5 team, let's not take away from Shelby Valley. They are a VERY good team and as I believe Strike3 said, also a veteran team that has been playing together for a while. Shelby Valley is definetly a top 10 team IMO.

Their front line makes them tough to match up with for ANYONE.

Elliott County has now played two teams in the BGP rankings:

A three-point loss to Shelby Valley, which is ranked in the lower half of the top 10.

An overtime win over Anderson County, which is near the bottom of the top 20.

Where does that place Elliott?

While I agree with EC not being a top 5 team, let's not take away from Shelby Valley. They are a VERY good team and as I believe Strike3 said, also a veteran team that has been playing together for a while. Shelby Valley is definitely a top 10 team IMO.

Their front line makes them tough to match up with for ANYONE.

I agree and well said. Both very good teams, with differing styles of play. Elliott County has tremendous guard play and shoots from the perimeter a lot. Shelby Valley also would excellent guard play but looks to score in the paint and dribble penetration.

A three-point loss to Shelby Valley, which is ranked in the lower half of the top 10.

15-20 range I'd say.

Not in the top 10 in my opinion.

Someone help me out here, up until the win over Anderson County this year, the previous few years holding a ranking, I don't recall Elliott beating anyone in the rankings. I could be wrong, but I just don't recall it. Congrats on a big win to SV.

Knowing the team they had coming in this year, why didn't Elliott County beef up their schedule? I think this game proves EC can play with the tough teams in the state. It would be much better for their chances to win a state championship to play tough competition versus running up scores against lesser opponents. This game proves that point as well. Congrats to Shelby Valley on a big win and to EC on making it to the All A semis.