Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

cardsbaseball39

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cardsbaseball39

  1. 1 Lawrence Co 1 South Laurel 1 Lex Cath 1 Harrison Co 3 Lawrence Co 3 Lex Cath 5 Lex Cath (9 runs) Lex Cath pulls out a close one 5-4!
  2. They will be taking on GRC in an important district seed game at Bourbon.
  3. I dont know if you just didnt tell all stats but I was adding up and the totals dont match the score, maybe you just didnt post a couple of players I just didnt know! :thumb:
  4. I just got in from the game and it was a good one! Shelby Valley really impressed me with the way that they just basically handled Elliott the whole game. Elliott was off today and the shots just weren't going but made it very interesting at the end. Justice from Shelby Valley really impressed me with his smarts and skills. It was impossible for Elliott to trap him, he created so many shots for Valley and also scored when needed. I've seen Elliott play 10 times better, but as the saying goes, you live by the three, you die by the three and today they died from it!
  5. If you watched Findlay Prep play (which i did) then there is no way they would lose to Holmes. Yes Holmes is a good team and the best in KY but when it comes to playing a team that has 4 D-1 players in their starting lineup and a 6-11 center committed to UNLV coming off the bench they are out matched. Their is no comparison between the two teams, yes Holmes is a good team but doesnt stand a chance against Findlay Prep (ranked #1 or #4 in most polls in the nation)
  6. So both SL and NL were paid to have these teams play at SL??
  7. Well what do you think the price should have been? I mean South Laurel had to pay for real good money for the teams to come in and it was a good turnout overall I thought. If the students couldnt get in because of price then they could've watched them online, as I believe they were streamed online for free.
  8. Yes i agree it shouldn't cost a high school student $20 to get in to watch there team play but it was the only way it could be done. South Laurel had to make some money to be able to bring these top teams in. If they dont make any money then the event probably wont last. If you really think about it though $4 to watch your high school team play and 3 top 10 nationally ranked teams is really good! I know at my school's games they charge $3 for students so not much difference!
  9. Yes I am a high school student, but my hometown team (GRC) didnt even play in the event, I went with some of my friends. We drove a little over an hour to watch this event and it was well worth it! We all said that it was a great experience and we plan on doing it next year! :thumb: Did you attend?
  10. I attended all 5 games last night, and I thought the price of $20 was a really fair and good price for the quality of talent that was participating! To see three teams nationally ranked in the top 10 for only $20 is a bargain! To see so many Division 1 athletes that will be playing for major colleges the next couple of years was overwhelming. If you break it down each game only cost $4 so it was a great price. To watch Oak Hill Academy, Findlay Prep, and Christ School for only $4 a game was incredible! South Laurel did a great job with this hoopfest and I hope it happens every year from now on because it was a great experience!
  11. Very true, as it was around a 15 point game whenever Hatton went out. I was just saying without him on the floor that pretty much shot down any hope of a comeback without floor leadership. GRC didn't handle the press well by any means. LC just had a better gameplan tonight with the press and forcing many turnovers like you said. I watched LC's first couple of games in the tournament and I thought that Clark would easily win this one judging by LC's performance, but boy was I wrong. Sanford, like I said earlier, was just unstoppable and scored at will tonight. Clark didn't match up well at all with him man to man. I was also at the game tonight and just thought that if Hatton was on the floor that they could've mounted a little comeback.
  12. Yes that is very true that you have to play 4 games in 4 days come March including the morning/night sessions if you make it to semifinals. Tonight Clark just simply had no answer for Sanford. I think he had around 12 points in the first quarter alone. He was a real force tonight and impressed me with his constant floaters and strong drives to the basket. Sanford will be a nice College Basketball Player one day! Also with Hatton going out in 3rd quarter Clark really lost a lot of leadership on the floor with him out, he is the only captain on the team, and hopefully he is ok and its just a sprained ankle!
  13. Clark and Mason have normally been the 10th region favorites the past 10 years or so, throw in there a good Pendelton County team with Belcher and a Bishop Brossart but Clark just couldnt win any titles up at Mason County's gym. Clark either drew Mason first round or lost in the finals many times that I can remember when Lofton, Grutza and company were there. Mason has no doubt been the dominant team in the 10th, but Clark had some really good teams and my guess is that if they were in other regions, possibly weaker ones they would have been to Rupp a lot more than twice the past 25 years. Not many teams can go to Mason and win a regional title, they have real good home court advantage!
  14. I think Elliotts talent level will be too much for South Charleston to handle. Watching EC play in the recent past, they seem to have so much team chemistry and play together very well! They will win going away to Myrtle Beach by 10!
  15. Scott clearly had the better team last night! Hatton got a lot of early cheap fouls on him that really limited his play in the game. Stenzel was tired and played almost the entire 1st half. It all came down to Scott being a lot deeper than Clark as it seemed Coach Hicks was running players in and out of the game all night long. Like others have said, as the season progresses Clark will get better and be a force not only in the 10th region, but in the whole state!
  16. Talked to Robbie this morning and Simon Kenton evaluated his injury this morning and said it may only be a bone bruise not a MCL/ACL injury. They are saying he may only be out 2days-week!
  17. Apollo PRP Lawrence Co Lexington Catholic PRP Lexington Catholic Lexington Catholic 7 runs
  18. IMO It doesn't matter who you put up there I know for a fact that Jordan Barker has 10 from George Rogers Clark and shows no signs of slowing the pace. If you know of anyone that has more than that send me their stats in a message please.
  19. GRC's 8th grader is Logan McQuerry this kid has some nice hands at the plate and also has a great glove at 3rd base
  20. I would add senior catcher Jordan Barker to this list 7 games in and he has 2 homers.
  21. congrats to Dunbar they better win state since they knocked us (GRC) out
  22. no i dont hit but i did pitch against him and i wasnt impressed
  23. congrats to ben i sure bet Georgia is upset losing him to the draft

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.