Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Predicting the state champ

Featured Replies

The system they use now has been in place since 2003. Every team that has won the title in the last four years has come from the teams that play on Wednesday, not the teams that play on Thursday. So, the teams to look for based on this will be PRP, Greenup County, Ryle and Shelby County.

 

If this happens again, I think that the KHSAA needs to take a serious look at having all four teams play on the same day to start, whether that is Wednesday or Thursday.

I think PRP will be the champion.

I think PRP will be the champion.

what style of ball does PRP play?

PRP even if they were playing on thursday IMO

With high school kids it is hard to predict a Champion. As of now everyone has a shot at the title. I hope that all teams play injury free and represent their programs with class.

Good luck to each team playing at Applebee's, enjoy the moment!!!!!

I think PRP will be the champion.

Cox from PRP is a super pitcher, they will have to prove they can win at this level without him on the mound.

 

They had a meltdown against Beechwood last year in tourny getting beat like 7-0 and Beechwood only had 2 hits.

Think I'm gonna go with PRP. Don't know much about them. Just know they can be very dominating & hope they can do it throughout the tournament.

If we are looking at just the teams that play on Wed. I would have too say PRP is the one to beat, but Ryle is better then alot of people think.

what style of ball does PRP play?

Intimidation, and if they can't intimidate, they'll get physical. Their infielders are trained to take the corner of each bag away from the runners.

I'd say while a lot of people have PRP winning in this thread that Dunbar is still the favorite. They beat Lex Cath twice over the past month and that was no easy feat, especially considering they handed Maronde his first loss ever on a one hitter. Also Dunbar was the second best team in the state all year and did win the only head to head match up with PRP.

 

I don't feel having a tough time with GRC should suddenly lessen Dunbar's chances in people's eyes. GRC had a great season and sounded like a tough team. When you get to this part of the season teams are giving you their best shot every game. While there is a myriad of teams that could win this tournament I'd say Dunbar still remains my favorite.

I'm pulling for Central to pull the upset on Dunbar but Dunbar will be the state champs beating PRP in the finals.

I would love to see a mt final of Johnson Central vs Greenup Co.

I would love to see that one also. I don't think that we will but as cville said earlier, you never know. One thing that I do know is that ALL of these teams are Winners and deserving or they wouldn't be at the State Tournament.

 

 

Good Luck and Congrats to All. :thumb: :thumb:

Who has the best record? I think I heard Dunbar is like 36-6. Who has the worst record?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.