Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KYBaller1011

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KYBaller1011

  1. I was trying to figure out when they started the EA Sports All- American Teams for Softball...anyone know? And Congrats to Miss Allen!
  2. You are exactly right when it comes to a new program. Ease 'em into a harder schedule.
  3. Guilty as charged Scribe. I attended and played at a large school. And I do agree that many that don't want classes are probably from larger schools. It has nothing to do with my school or how large it is as it may be to others, but I like how it is now & feel everyone is always trying to change things that aren't broken (not in my eyes at least). I didn't mean that an "All A" banner didn't mean anything. It does mean a lot. I guess I'm set in my ways when it comes to this subject. I've heard many arguements along the way in years past, but I still feel the way it is now is best.
  4. I am a GRC fan, but know their schedule lacks in competition. The 10th will have some strong teams here and there, but nothing as of late. I thought Montgomery would've came out of the 10th too, but I was told too many miscues led them to the loss. If GRC wants to strive like they use to, they need to play the games they are required for District/Region and stack their weekend schedule with tournaments full of competition. A good record means absolutely nothing, when it's against easy teams. I would rather have a losing record, but know when it comes down to it, I played the best schedule to better my players. That should get them ready for the post-season and help develop them into competitive players. Just my 2 cents!
  5. I'm def for No Class! I just feel that it means more to be the ONLY state champ. I know many of the small schools feel they don't get a fair chance at times due to the lack of players to pick from, etc. That may be a big challenge, but life is about overcoming them and it would put fire under my butt (as a player or a coach) just to try and beat a bigger school. Just so you could say, "We may be small, but we can still play with the rest of the big dawgs!". I also came from a time when All-State was 1st Team All-State, 2nd Team All-State, & Honorable Mention. If you made those teams, you really did something. Now it's classed. I understand more girls get recognized this way and I'm not saying it isn't an honor, but I still feel it meant so much more to me to make the ONLY 1st Team All-State. This contradicts my opinion about No Classes (which I'm still all for), but if softball is gonna split the All-State teams, then why not go all the way and split the state championship? Seems like they started, then forgot to finish. I liked how it was before the classed all-state teams, but that's just me. Many teams have never been to the state tournament. Is it because they are too small? Who knows, but if they do get there in the current format, it really does mean the world to them.
  6. But who won last year not Harrison GRC beat them both times they played them. They would have beaton WJ that's for sure! We did win against Dunbar one game and they were ranked in the nation. But it doesn't matter about water under the bridge. It's just last year there were some very bad comments and sportsmanship from Harrison on this board. But we hope they do good, GRC wasn't supposed to beat Dunbar and they did so you never know!
  7. GRC lost 8 seniors last year pretty much their starting line up they are down this year but last year they would have gone further if not had to play the #1team in the state:D Good Luck to Harrison they do represent the 10th
  8. It wont even be close. Harrison hasn't played anybody this year except Lexington Christian and they got murdered by them. They were just lucky they didnt' have to play the 11th region in semi-state like GRC did last year.
  9. Greenwood won 6-0, Anderson Co won 6-0, Lawrence won 2-1, Owensboro Catholic won 9-1
  10. West Jessamine did get nine hits so sounds like they hit the ball pretty well?
  11. The teams that have played a tough schedule will do better and GRC has played a weak schedule the last few years and that hurts in the long run.
  12. :thumb:Jordan has had a great year and is very deserving and he is a great kid on and off the field!
  13. Well last year GRC's Jeremy Greene went 10-0 beat Harrison 2 times and they won the region and he didn't get it so maybe whoever doesn't win the region?
  14. Congratulations to Jordan Barker of GRC for getting 10th Region Player of the Year!
  15. The Cards are pretty young especially when it comes to pitchers. Good luck to both as this delay throws the momentum of the game all outa wack!
  16. I think I will go with Montgomery to win it again this year. I'll take GRC in the championship game. I haven't seen Nicholas play so I'm not sure what they are capable of.
  17. Congrats to Bourbon Co although they beat my Cards! Sounds like it was a pretty good game. Bourbon is pretty young so they may be a team to watch out for in the next few years if these guys keep improving. Good luck to all teams in the 10th!
  18. I expected Montgomery to take that game. Well congrats to Bourbon Co.
  19. I've hit a few batters due to them taking my catcher out (when there was no play) or whatever the situation to take up for my teammates. I'm not suggesting taking their heads off, but let 'em know that isn't gonna fly. I'm all about the safety of the kids, but I feel it's taken a little too far at times. I'm a softball player not a baseball player, but hitting a batter is a HBP either way. Hey, maybe I'm just a mean pitcher, but I've been very successful and none of my intentional hit batters have went to the hospital or charged the mound. There are times, as the kids should be taught, to hit batters and times to keep your cool. Knowing when and when not to do certain things due to the situation of the game is what makes a great pitcher and great players in the end (this sentence is for any situation not just throwing at a batter).
  20. And I'm such a bad fan. I forgot Brandon Mitchell. So 8 Seniors from last year. And I'm not sure what he has been doing this past year.
  21. I wanted to congratulate last years seniors that are playing college ball. 4 of the 7 seniors are playing in college. Jeremy Greene (Lindsey Wilson College) pitched well this year earning 1st Team All-Conference (Mid-South Conference). Josh Wood (University of the Cumberlands) started at 1B and hit well in his first year as a Patriot. I am not too sure how Cody Christopher (Asbury) & John Turner (Hiwassee) did this season. Lance Rose is looking to play this coming season as is Tim Duvall (i think he his). Soccer was Steven Moore's sport so he is playing soccer at University of the Cumberlands. Just thought I would throw an update out there to the people who watched these kids grow into young successful baseball players. :thumb:
  22. Nope he sure hasn't. I checked with a source, but just now remembered to post.
  23. I would add Jordan Barker (GRC) to the list. Has 6 (i think that's correct) homers on the year so far. Not sure if Bennett has signed yet, but I will find out for sure.
  24. His name is Jordan...and a very good hitter at that.
  25. In total agreeance with the 43 ft aspect of the game. It's a better game at 43 ft IMO. Plus why not pitch from where u will be pitching from in college?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.