State: Harrison Co./Lex. Catholic

Harrison or Lex Cath  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Harrison or Lex Cath

These two schools cant get away from each other this year as Harrison falls to Lex. Cath in football semi-finals earlier this year. But now they meet in the first round of the baseball state tournament. Lets see who will be predicted to win this game.

Lets see, young Harrison County against if he pitches Nick Maronde, who throws consistently in the low 90's.....duh.... Now if Maronde doesn't pitch this game, then Harrison County has a solid chance to pull the upset, but if Maronde goes, Harrison County goes home.

It wont even be close. Harrison hasn't played anybody this year except Lexington Christian and they got murdered by them. They were just lucky they didnt' have to play the 11th region in semi-state like GRC did last year.

Too bad GRC didn't manke it to this game, if so maybe the game would be competitive. :rolleyes:

Lets see, young Harrison County against if he pitches Nick Maronde, who throws consistently in the low 90's.....duh.... Now if Maronde doesn't pitch this game, then Harrison County has a solid chance to pull the upset, but if Maronde goes, Harrison County goes home.

I agree on one thing old guy. I've heard that this Maronde kid does throw the ball fairly hard, and you're saying that the Breds won't be able to hit this pitcher. Okay, say they dont hit the ball, I believe to get beat the other team has to score, don't they? I'm not saying that Lex Cath won't hit the ball, i'm saying that the breds defense has been quite flawless these past couple of days and they what is at stake on every play. I think the Breds are as focused as any group of kids could be going into the state tournament. This game could get very interesting. IMO. Go Breds!!! :ylsuper:

It wont even be close. Harrison hasn't played anybody this year except Lexington Christian and they got murdered by them. They were just lucky they didnt' have to play the 11th region in semi-state like GRC did last year.

GRC would have lost in 2 games to West Jessamine, it is a good thing the Breds are representing the 10th.

Amazing that a young Harrison Co. team has got this far. However, they are no match for Catholic if the elder Maronde pitches. I'm not sure that anyone is a match for him. The only thing the Breds have going for them is that Lex. Cath. has gone through some stretches of not being able to score this year.

Amazing that a young Harrison Co. team has got this far. However, they are no match for Catholic if the elder Maronde pitches. I'm not sure that anyone is a match for him. The only thing the Breds have going for them is that Lex. Cath. has gone through some stretches of not being able to score this year.

Thank you. That is what I pointed out above. Harrison defense is up there with the best of them. I look to see hits from Lex Cath and a mistakeless defensive effort by the Breds. This game could go either way, no matter who the knights pitch, that does not put runs on the board in their favor. :thumb:

GRC lost 8 seniors last year pretty much their starting line up they are down this year but last year they would have gone further if not had to play the #1team in the state:D Good Luck to Harrison they do represent the 10th

Harrison went to the state tournament in 2005, then lost 9 seniors. The breds then turned around the next season and played again in the semi-state to the state runner up team "beechwood". So losing 8 seniors doesnt mean alot. It just shows how good each class at Harrison co. is. The preparation straight out of little league is fantastic. This is why harrison co. is wonderful year in and year out. Not every 4 or 5 years.

Got to quit living in the past.

Im not, Someone said the last years GRC team wouldn't of beat West, I was simply saying GRC was better last year then Harrison this year. I have no dog in this fight just expressing my opinion. Best of luck to Harrison.

Harrison went to the state tournament in 2005, then lost 9 seniors. The breds then turned around the next season and played again in the semi-state to the state runner up team "beechwood". So losing 8 seniors doesnt mean alot. It just shows how good each class at Harrison co. is. The preparation straight out of little league is fantastic. This is why harrison co. is wonderful year in and year out. Not every 4 or 5 years.

I completly disagree. When you lose 8 seniors it's going to hurt no matter who you are. Especially at a place like GRC where they play majority upper classman. The reason it doesn't hurt Harrison is because Mac does a great job, probably better than anyone in the state, of playing his best 9 rather it be 8th grader or senior.