Kirsten Allen: 1st Team All-American

Clyde

Congratulations to Ms. Allen on what I'm assuming is a first for a KY high school softballer.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/highschoolsoftball/0-0-12/NATION-S-FINEST-NAMED-TO-2008-EA-SPORTS-ALL-AMERICAN-SOFTBALL-TEAM.html

Not the first. I know that Becky Abner from North Laurel was 1st Team All American as well and I believe there may have been a few others. However, there have been very few from our state and congrats go out to her for this honor!

Not the first. I know that Becky Abner from North Laurel was 1st Team All American as well and I believe there may have been a few others. However, there have been very few from our state and congrats go out to her for this honor!

I'm ignorant of my fastpitch history. Where did Becky end up playing? What year did she graduate from SL?

I'm ignorant of my fastpitch history. Where did Becky end up playing? What year did she graduate from SL?

Never mind. I found it. She was 2nd team Louisville Slugger All-American in 2001. I stand corrected.

She actually graduated from and played for North Laurel, not South Laurel. She signed with and played for UK until after a head injury during a game her freshman year. She stopped playing after that due to the fear that another blow to the head could cause more severe damage.

I forgot about the Louisville Slugger All American Team. I believe she was a 1st teamer on the Gatorade All American Team. This was the year that Cat Osterman was named as the National High School Gatorade Player of the Year.

• 2 weeks later...