Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prep nation national top 25

Featured Replies

The newest prepnation.com national poll is out and it has Cov. Holmes rated number 20 in the country (up 4 spots from last week) and number 5 in the midwest (up 1 spot from last week) :ylsuper:. I know national polls are hard to rate because of the ammount of schools that play but I still think it is nice to see them getting recognition on a national level. Any thoughts?

 

http://www.prepnation.com/poll/poll.cfm?poll=2&latest=1

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you said, national polls are just for fun, but any time you can receive national recognition it is great exposure for the program and players and a great accomplishment.

 

Holmes is also ranked #29 in the Rivals Top 100.

 

I'd expect them to continue to rise in the polls leading up to the state tournament.

It is good for the program and the state anytime someone from KY gets National Honors it's good for all schools.

I had the pleasure of seeing Holmes in the Laurel County Hoopfest against Largo, MD. They are solid and for real. IMHO, they are the best team I have seen in KY this season. I have not seen them all, but they are loaded!

 

However, IMHO, as solid as they are, they were not in the same league as Oak Hill, Christ School, Findlay Prep and New American. Those teams were unbelievable.

I feel obligated to mention that two of Franklin County's three losses are to #20 Holmes (FC missing key players) and #21 Jamesville-Dewitt of New York (by 6). The other to 8th ranked in New York Wings Academey (by 1). Granted, in state, Franklin County has won, but not blown people out which I guess they are supposed to do.

I had the pleasure of seeing Holmes in the Laurel County Hoopfest against Largo, MD. They are solid and for real. IMHO, they are the best team I have seen in KY this season. I have not seen them all, but they are loaded!

 

However, IMHO, as solid as they are, they were not in the same league as Oak Hill, Christ School, Findlay Prep and New American. Those teams were unbelievable.

 

I disagree, specifically with Findlay Prep. The players at Holmes are much more skilled than the players at Findlay. Now Findlay athletically is 2nd to none, but I think Holmes would give them a run for their money.

You know the old saying the Higher they are the harder the fall is. I'm just saying.

  • Author
I had the pleasure of seeing Holmes in the Laurel County Hoopfest against Largo, MD. They are solid and for real. IMHO, they are the best team I have seen in KY this season. I have not seen them all, but they are loaded!

 

However, IMHO, as solid as they are, they were not in the same league as Oak Hill, Christ School, Findlay Prep and New American. Those teams were unbelievable.

 

Some schools are powerhouse year in and year out, but every now and then a new kid has to win ha ha. Honestly do I think Holmes would beat Oak Hill? No. But would I love to see them play against any team on this top 25? yes. Just to be given that chance to beat a school like Oak Hill or Christ, or Findley would bring out the best in just about anyone, ask the Princeton Vikings.

  • Author
You know the old saying the Higher they are the harder the fall is. I'm just saying.

 

Someone has to make you fall first :laugh:

Congrats to Holmes!

Someone has to make you fall first :laugh:

 

I hope they dont lose until the State Tourney. I also hope they keep climbing in the Polls. So when they fall it will be a long way down.:thumb:

  • Author
I hope they dont lose until the State Tourney. I also hope they keep climbing in the Polls. So when they fall it will be a long way down.:thumb:

 

Lol. I will be at Rupp to watch every minute of it. :popcorn: I am not about to make any predictions but I will have my dancing shoes with me just incase the 9th brings one back to N.KY

I hope they dont lose until the State Tourney. I also hope they keep climbing in the Polls. So when they fall it will be a long way down.:thumb:

 

I don't understand the hater attitude. Can you explain?

  • Author
I don't understand the hater attitude. Can you explain?

 

Lol, Just take it in stride :walk:, don't acknowledge the hate, it will bring you down as well. I never wanna see anyone do bad, I just want my guys to win ha ha

I don't understand the hater attitude. Can you explain?

 

 

 

Just read some post from 9th region posters and you can figure it out.

 

Holmes is good but not the greatest team ever.:sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.