Shelby Valley 55 Elliott County 52

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it all year...put EC up against a team with decent guard play and a big front line that has great inside presence, and you'll see them struggle.

If SV makes their free throws down the stretch, game isn't even this close. I think they missed something ridiculous like 10 straight maybe?

Congrats to the Wildcats! :notworthy::ylsuper:

As Baseballguy said, should be a fun thread to follow. :clap::popcorn:

Congrats to Shelby Valley, although it sounded like they tried to give it away by missing something like 11 straight FT's in the last minute? Bardstown certainly knows how to play in the "A" finals, so they'll be a tough out? Good run by Elliott, but they dug the hole too deep?

I'm not sure what the bigger surprise is. Elliott County losing or being held to 52 points.

I wouldn't consider either a surprise. Shelby Valley is a very good team and IMO outside of Cedar Hill, the best team EC had faced to date.

In scrambling to further my education on Shelby Valley, I've discovered that they are now 17-4 with only one in-state loss, that a 58-50 loss to Knott County Central back on December 21st.

Beating Newport Centeral Catholic and Henry County the way they did, spoke volumes about their ability to compete in this tournnament and give EC everything that they wanted. I remember hearing a lot of noise about them in past "A" State tournaments, but they never seemed to stick around - perhaps they have matured. We'll have to get our BGP salesman down to the 15th Region to sign up some of the SV faithful to keep us abreast of the exploits of their team from here out. Veteran Bardstown will be no easy out in the finals - should be interesting.

Credit EC's incredible comeback, albeit fueled by SV missed free-throws, and having the ball in the air that would have sent it to OT, also speaks volumes about ECs grit and resiliance.