Shelby Valley 55 Elliott County 52

I predicted this yesterday after watching both teams play. I ask the Elliott faithful to show me a quality win and they rattled off out-of-state teams that I (we) didn't know much about. Shelby Valley is solid, they let off of the gas and missed a ton of FT's or this could have been a 20 point loss. Good group of boys on Elliott, however they seem to have been playing average or less than average teams. I still believe that Holmes and Scott County are on another level, and either one will end up with the championship.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for the EC faithful...not to get off topic, but how much did not having any developed depth hurt today against a bigger SV team? I've heard from several that the two back up big men did pretty well in the mop up time in the first two rounds.

Hopefully Mays will change up his "strategy" and start playing the bench players more rather than worrying about his starters getting their numbers in blow outs. It will be beneficial to them in the future if they want to make a run at Rupp.

I predicted this yesterday after watching both teams play. I ask the Elliott faithful to show me a quality win and they rattled off out-of-state teams that I (we) didn't know much about. Shelby Valley is solid, they let off of the gas and missed a ton of FT's or this could have been a 20 point loss. Good group of boys on Elliott, however they seem to have been playing average or less than average teams. I still believe that Holmes and Scott County are on another level, and either one will end up with the championship.

I agree Obie...but please let's not turn this thread in that direction. :thumb:

Great high school game to watch. Shelby Valley has been flying under the radar for many....they are for real. Well coached, nice players rotation, with some depth on the bench.

We could see a rematch of this game today in the semi-finals of the state tourney.

Elliott was not hitting the 3 today...didn't seem to have their legs...and yes we have gone over this before of bench play for Elliott.

Both teams today have real nice ball clubs. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year. I will be keeping up with both teams.:thumb: