Rd. 3: Who's the next coach at Covington Catholic?

gamer31

Something has changed, Coach Siple is telling different people different things about his interest in the CCH job. I brought the Siple thread back up so we can continue there on this topic.

Some of the other names who have applied are very interesting.

:sssh:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in as one who also likes the idea also.

I also believe Coach Ray will have a much greater influnence on who will be the next head coach this time around.Who ever is the next coach will have to have his vote.

From what I have been told by a few Cov Cath alums Lynn Ray had a saying in both of the hires after he retired. They didn't listen to him but he had a say. I'm not a Cov Cath fan everyone knows that I'm Beechwood grad and former player but I would love to see Lynn Ray come out of retirement to coach Cov Cath. It would be good for Cov Cath. It would be good for Nky for him to come back to win a few more State Titles.

From what I have been told by a few Cov Cath alums Lynn Ray had a saying in both of the hires after he retired. They didn't listen to him but he had a say. I'm not a Cov Cath fan everyone knows that I'm Beechwood grad and former player but I would love to see Lynn Ray come out of retirement to coach Cov Cath. It would be good for Cov Cath. It would be good for Nky for him to come back to win a few more State Titles.

Coach Ray will absolutely NOT be part of the Covington Catholic coaching staff in 2009. (I heard it straight from the horses mouth)

As I said before, what if he doesn't win. You know because of who he is and what he has done, CovCath folk will want to win and win now. If that doen't happen then his legacy will be tarnished in some eyes. Just don't think he wants that. Just IMO.

As I said before, what if he doesn't win. You know because of who he is and what he has done, CovCath folk will want to win and win now. If that doen't happen then his legacy will be tarnished in some eyes. Just don't think he wants that. Just IMO.

If legacy means wins and loses, then Coach Ray does not care about his legacy. The program that he built measured success more on how boys developed into young men rather than wins and losses alone. If you were fortunate enough to play for Coach Ray, then you learned about what discipline, hard work, teamwork and dedication could do for you not only in football but more importantly in life. Coach Ray will not come back to coaching. I think that he is just trying to keep the ship afloat until a new coach is named.

If legacy means wins and loses, then Coach Ray does not care about his legacy. The program that he built measured success more on how boys developed into young men rather than wins and losses alone. If you were fortunate enough to play for Coach Ray, then you learned about what discipline, hard work, teamwork and dedication could do for you not only in football but more importantly in life. Coach Ray will not come back to coaching. I think that he is just trying to keep the ship afloat until a new coach is named.

:thumb::thumb:

I've heard the same laudable things about Coach Ray. :thumb: Your comments about him reminded me of something Mueller likes to say: He should be judged on how successful of a coach he was with a class of young men in thirty years after the young men have graduated from high school. If they have turned out to be good spouses, good fathers, and good citizens of society, then he will have been a success with them.

:D:D

I've heard the same laudable things about Coach Ray. :thumb: Your comments about him reminded me of something Mueller likes to say: He should be judged on how successful of a coach he was with a class of young men in thirty years after the young men have graduated from high school. If they have turned out to be good spouses, good fathers, and good citizens of society, then he will have been a success with them.

That is really what playing sports is all about. I do think that most coaches realize that.:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

If you remember I used almost the same words in my letter to Principal Rowe about whether to keep or replace Mr. Brossart. It isn't about W's/L's great post LN....

Will they because of Coach Brossart be better men, fathers, husbands, or community leaders due to what he has taught them?

If you remember I used almost the same words in my letter to Principal Rowe about whether to keep or replace Mr. Brossart. It isn't about W's/L's great post LN....

Will they because of Coach Brossart be better men, fathers, husbands, or community leaders due to what he has taught them?

While I certainly agree with the notion that a high school football coach's first responsibility is to mold young people into solid adult citizens, I think it is important to note that job performance (measured in wins and titles) must be taken into serious consideration when judging a coach.

If there is a math teacher in a school who is a good role model for the students but is not very good at teaching math (as evidenced by his students consistently performing poorly on math tests), then I'd be in favor of removing him, since he's "not getting the job done." While football is not nearly as important as math, I think the same concept still applies to a coach "not getting the job done" (i.e. not winning on the gridiron).

While I certainly agree with the notion that a high school football coach's first responsibility is to mold young people into solid adult citizens, I think it is important to note that job performance (measured in wins and titles) must be taken into serious consideration when judging a coach.

If there is a math teacher in a school who is a good role model for the students but is not very good at teaching math (as evidenced by his students consistently performing poorly on math tests), then I'd be in favor of removing him, since he's "not getting the job done." While football is not nearly as important as math, I think the same concept still applies to a coach "not getting the job done" (i.e. not winning on the gridiron).

:thumb::thumb::thumb: