Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rd. 3: Who's the next coach at Covington Catholic?

Featured Replies

Although very very unlikely to happen I would love it if that's how it worked out. Woolf coaches under Coach Ray for a couple seasons and then takes over. That would be ideal.

 

Count me in as one who also likes the idea also.

I also believe Coach Ray will have a much greater influnence on who will be the next head coach this time around.Who ever is the next coach will have to have his vote.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if and it's a big "what if" Ray came back and didn't succeed. In succeed I mean being a 9-1 or 8-2 team with 2 or 3 playoff wins and back in the championship game within three years. Everybody knows next year will only be better because they are not playing the schedule they played the last two years. So that is by default. I not so sure that the last two years records would have been any different with Ray at the helm. Maybe not the extreme blow outs, but probably same record.

 

There is no way Ray comes back to possibly failure. Why mess up a legacy that he built over the years. Ain't happenin!

I for one would love to see Ray back as head coach at Cov. Cath.

No clue if he's applied. No clue if they have talked.

 

However, he is probably on the proverbial short list.

 

Oh yes he did!!!!! :clap:

Oh yes he did!!!!! :clap:

 

If he did indeed apply, its certainly not a surprise. I know he thoroughly enjoyed his time there.

From talking to some former players, they say they would NOT think Wirth would be a good coach. I never thought he was bad, but I never played or had him for class.

 

I hope it is a alum.

What were some of the reasons the former players gave for not thinking Wirth would be good?

What about Kevin Siple? I hear he might be interested!

This is gonna get interesting.:ylsuper: :popcorn:

I didn't follow the other two threads all that closely. Is Mike Wolfe still rumored to be a candidate? As a Ryle supporter, I hope not. Great guy and coach.

Any one know the timetable for the selection/announcement?

 

I was told, but am not certain, that the deadline to submit an application is Feb 4 and that the announcement is supposed to be made at the annual athletic fundraiser/stag (which I think if around Feb 24th). Does any one "in the know" know if what I heard is accurate?

I seriously hope that they don't wait until the 24th to make an announcement. With the way the basketball team's season is going, Spring football will begin pretty soon. That would not give a new coach much time to prepare. Since I hope a new coach will install a new offensive scheme, I think he's going to need all the prep he can get.

 

I struggle to understand the delay. If they have someone in mind, they should go seek him out. If someone is interested, really interested in the challenge, I can't imagine him thinking he was going to wait til the last minute to apply. If someone is sitting on the fence, I don't want him. Time is wasting. If a new coach wants to see all the boys in conditioning he'd better hurry. With basketball, baseball, and track going on or beginning, the chance to see all the boys will be limited.

 

Am I missing something? Is there a top candidate out there who can't commit today because of another obligation? Maybe he has to wait until after the SuperBowl is over?

Guru reported him to not be a candidate.

 

CovCath Update: I have been informed Kevin Siple is...

 

Has something changed or were you just speculating?

 

Something has changed, Coach Siple is telling different people different things about his interest in the CCH job. I brought the Siple thread back up so we can continue there on this topic.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.