Everything posted by bear
-
Congrats to new Dixie Coach Dave Brossart
I agree with you, we do disagree on Brossart being a bad hire. I have also watched Ohio football for many years and personally watched Mooney play on multiple occaisons. Cov. Cath is not in the same ballpark as Mooney. Mooney opened the season this year by beating Canton McKinley. I doubt that CCH would have done the same!
-
Congrats to new Dixie Coach Dave Brossart
He seems to be about the only coach who ever won at Finneytown. You make an ignorant statement when you say that at a small school all you have to do is hire two good asst's and you will win. There are a lot of small schools that aren't winning that would love to talk to you about their coaching job if you know how simple it is to turn it around!
-
Congrats to new Dixie Coach Dave Brossart
I notice that CCH is no longer playing Elder or Mooney, could that possibly be why their record is better now? I would imagine that CCH would be an underdog every single year that they would play either Elder or Mooney. Mooney being a smaller school has nothing to do with it. Mooney would beat CCH 9 out of 10 times...perhaps 10 out of 10 times.
-
Who will be the next Coach at Dixie?
I agree with goford that Dave Brossart would be a great hire for Dixie. Steve Channel is an interesting name in this discussion. He has retired in Ohio and could double dip in Kentucky. It was not that long ago that he had Edgewood in the Division II State Finals. He would also be a good hire.
-
How good will Beechwood be in 2012?
I am a Beechwood fan, however, my question had nothing to do with the type of season that they are having this year. I am sure that the players and the fans are enjoying the success that they are having this year and are looking forward to competing for a State Championship. I just was curious as to what they would be like next year. I am not very close to the situation and have not even had the opportunity to see them play this year. I do support them and always wish for the best!
-
How good will Beechwood be in 2012?
How many starters return and what do you think about their 2012 team?
-
Former longtime Bellevue Volleyball coach Sally Meng killed in auto accident
Sally was an inspriation to MANY young girls during her steller coaching career at Bellevue. She was a leader in the movement for girl's sports at a time when we did not get much recognition or respect. This is a great losss for the Northern Kentucky area in the history of women's sports!
-
Southwestern's Lewis ESPN All American Soph
He is the grandson of legendary coach Bob Lewis who won a state title while at Conner HS.
-
Bob Lewis-Coaching Legend
orangecrush, Where did you find this quote? What website were you on? Thanks! Bob Lewis was the finest High School football coach that ever lived!!!
-
Beechwood/Covington Catholic Predictions
The 88 game was a great game for both schools. Cov Cath went on to go 14-1 and win the AAA State Championship. Beechwood got beat in the Semis by a very good Pikeville team.
-
Kevin Siple to CHCA
I just don't think they will win a State Championship. They nhave a nice program but I don't believe they are State championship caliber. Hiring Siple will not put them in that category.
-
Kevin Siple to CHCA
I wouldn't be so sure of that state title!!!
-
CovCath Coaching Search
It is Wirth's job. It is a done deal!
-
Horse Collar illegal in HS now...and other rules changes
Yes, it is too much to ask! Let them coach their kids. Officials should worry about what is going on in front of them, not behind them! The working media has from the 25 to the goalline of unobstructed view.
-
CovCath Coaching Search
It's Wirth
-
Rd. 3: Who's the next coach at Covington Catholic?
Even though he IS the guru, he doesn't know everything!
-
Rd. 3: Who's the next coach at Covington Catholic?
What about Kevin Siple? I hear he might be interested!
-
CovCath to play in 2008 Herbstreit Challenge!
Colonel Fan, I don't know Massey, but I agree with him. 10 or more.
-
CovCath to play in 2008 Herbstreit Challenge!
I disagree with you, Guru. Mooney would beat LaSalle!!
-
CovCath to play in 2008 Herbstreit Challenge!
Youngstown Cardinal Mooney is a tremendous program in Ohio. Covington Catholic will indeed have their hands full with this team. The DT that has committed to OSU is the real deal. They lost a lot of great players but still have some great athletes returning. I believe that this smaller school will surprise the CCH faithful!!
-
Bowling Green/Highlands 5A Championship Game Updates
It's on NKY radio station 1050....streaming online http://www.wcvx.com/ click listen live.
-
Highlands vs. Beechwood Scrimmage on Friday
What time is the scrimmage?
-
Lloyd bold prediction
It is a different system now!!
-
Lloyd bold prediction
The 2007 Lloyd Juggernauts will be more motivated than any Lloyd team in the past 20 years. I don't know how many wins this will translate into because I am not familiar with their personnel. However, I do know that they will be fundamentally sound and extremely motivated!!
-
Who is in line to be the next coach at CovCath?
Dave Brossart is a graduate of Beechwood and did a great job at Finneytown. He is the kind of coach you would want your son to play for! Cov Cath is very fortunate to get a man of his character!