Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good will Beechwood be in 2012?

Featured Replies

How many starters return and what do you think about their 2012 team?

Max Nussbaum will be their best player without a doubt. If that kid puts on some weight he could be a STUD college Safety.

They will be better than many will expect. They will have size on the line and some excellent skill players led by Max Nussbaum and Gage Erdman. The JV team is undefeated (wins over SK, Holy Cross and CCH). The freshman team is undefeated (wins over Conner, NCC, Boone, Scott). Not many starters return so it will take work and focus to get off to a good start but they will be a contender.

Replacing a Cameron Vocke will not be easy but BW can get close to his production by committee and don't forget about Mitchell Thomas. He has done nothing but impress when he gets minutes and he is a threat to take it to the house on every touch. Not sure about the QB position as Davis is a senior. The back-up this year is not real big but is a decent runner. Unless a gunslinger arrives in Fort Mitchell, BW will probably remain a run oriented offense. Someone I was talking to a few weeks ago at BW suggested a Wildcat style offense next year with the likes of Erdman and/or Nussbaum taking snaps. Interesting thought especially when you take their speed and then throw Thomas into the mix. Replacing Joey Nussbaum at kicker will be hard as well. Knowing that you are going to start on defense 90% of the time on the 20 yd. line after a kick-off is huge.

:isurrender:WOW the 2011 season is not even half way through (counting playoff games) yet and there are those who are already thinking of 2012? I guess I could understand such talk from a program that is having a bad year but Beechwood should be competing for a state title! Enjoy the season, your players are!

I think the QB position is the biggest issue. NO QB that can throw until you get to Fieger who is QBing the frosh team and he is only an 8th grader.............

The BW fans ARE enjoying the season. So much that we are looking forward to many more and what the BW pipeline has in store for us.

  • Author
:isurrender:WOW the 2011 season is not even half way through (counting playoff games) yet and there are those who are already thinking of 2012? I guess I could understand such talk from a program that is having a bad year but Beechwood should be competing for a state title! Enjoy the season, your players are!

 

 

I am a Beechwood fan, however, my question had nothing to do with the type of season that they are having this year. I am sure that the players and the fans are enjoying the success that they are having this year and are looking forward to competing for a State Championship. I just was curious as to what they would be like next year. I am not very close to the situation and have not even had the opportunity to see them play this year. I do support them and always wish for the best!

Better not count them out of the existing season yet....lots of games remaining, don't really understand this thread at this time of the season???

Better not count them out of the existing season yet....lots of games remaining, don't really understand this thread at this time of the season???

 

Definitely odd timing but as bear said above, he/she was just curious about next year.

On behalf of all the NKy 1A schools, I just hope Beechwood gets a influx of male students in the next 1.5 years so that they will be forced to move up to 2A and us smaller schools can breathe a little bit easier and move "the road to the state championship" somewhere other than Fort Mitchell.

 

***In no what is this message implicating any negatives towards Beechwood. I am just sure Bellevue, Dayton, and Ludlow are tired of getting theirs heads pounded in against the Beechwood Tigers***

On behalf of all the NKy 1A schools, I just hope Beechwood gets a influx of male students in the next 1.5 years so that they will be forced to move up to 2A and us smaller schools can breathe a little bit easier and move "the road to the state championship" somewhere other than Fort Mitchell.

 

***In no what is this message implicating any negatives towards Beechwood. I am just sure Bellevue, Dayton, and Ludlow are tired of getting theirs heads pounded in against the Beechwood Tigers***

 

:lol: dude ... the Beechwood program hopes for the same. Beechwood would enjoy moving up to 2A and having more challenging district games on a weekly basis ... no offense to the 1A district opponents. We need some more people with high school kids to move into Ft. Mitchell. Come on out. Ft. Mitchell real estate has never been more available nor more affordable. Great community. Great school. You'll love it.

My oldest daughter is off to college soon which means I will have a Room for Rent (in Fort Mitchell) to a 6'-5 male, age 14-15, that can throw a tight spiral 50 yards in the air. Add a bunk bed to this room and I have reduced the count by two to get to 2A.

My oldest daughter is off to college soon which means I will have a Room for Rent (in Fort Mitchell) to a 6'-5 male, age 14-15, that can throw a tight spiral 50 yards in the air. Add a bunk bed to this room and I have reduced the count by two to get to 2A.
:lol::lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.