Highlands vs. Beechwood Scrimmage on Friday

Qryche11

I am sure this one will bring out several BGP'ers and with only 3 home games this season I am sure it will be a typical Friday night atmosphere in Ft. Thomas.

Any thoughts or predictions?

Will Beechwood be able to contain the speed of the Birds? Will Beechwood use their power running game and huge line to move the ball against the Birds or will they open it up and tests the Highland Db's?

Should be a great atmosphere and I am sure there will be some tailgating going on in Caketown.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always a great test and learning tool for the BHS players/staff. The staff figures out who can play and who can't and the kids figure out, "Wow, this is High School football at its best."

HHS always presents problems w/its helter skelter defense and all that trememdous speed they have. It will be a great test for BHS's line to see if they can pick up/block the speed of HHS's D line. This is usually a great scrimmage to watch for the fans as both teams will open things up w/a bang.

I can't wait!!!

I heard today that Cecil got lit up in their intrasquad scrimage and is going to be out a while.....Looks like this could be Guidugli's chance to prove what he can do...

You may be right, but do you have to publicize it on here? :D Some things are best not discussed in public if you know what I mean.

Looks like this could be Guidugli's chance to prove what he can do...

Friday's scrimmage may have opened some eyes...NOBODY in N.KY throws a prettier deep ball than Tony. But he will still be "1-a" cuz' Cecil has proven his mettle time and time again. What a luxury to have both! And young Bardo could START for half the teams in N. KY.

Only 3 home games:scared: Why? Did i miss something:confused:

Why, you ask.The Herbstreit game at UC would normally have been a home game (if the Herbie had folded, we'd have probably played LaSalle or Moeller at Highlands). So that's a home game lost in return for the opportunity to play in the Herbie, which was a good decision in my mind. The returning teams on the schedule (CovCath, Dixie and Madison Central) are all away this year because it was their year to host. The new teams on the schedule that we are playing away (Ryle, Lex Cath, and Louis. Central) wanted the first year of the two year contract to be home games for them. We generally don't have a lot of leverage to insist to the contrary because of the difficulty we have filling a schedule, so we sometimes have to take what we can get.

Besides, if you are a true Highlands fan, you go to the games whether they are at home or in Antartica:D