Highlands vs. Beechwood Scrimmage on Friday

Qryche11

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the deal ... Beechwood and Highlands Freshman WERE going to scrimmage this Friday night at Highlands after the Varsity. However, the coaches have agreed that this isn't going to happen now.

I am not going into why they are not going to scrimmage--because it isn't a big deal (meaning--there isn't any hard feelings or anything like that) ... but some things came up ... and it was decided to put it on the shelf for this year.

3ptshooter .. you are right about the past ... but this year ... there were some different plans. You can probably figure out why this isn't going to happen. If not ... send me a PM.

The Birds,CCh and the Tigers pretty much sums up why these 3 schools seperate themselves from everybody else in Nky. When your program decides that it's the extra little things that count they will never be considered a serious threat year in and year out. Sure you guys are about to have a great year, but how often does that come around!!!!!! Maybe Dixie should take in consideration what the Birds,CCh and the Tigers do to prepare themselves to be a State Champion!!!!

I'm very suprised at the tasteless response you've given. The Dixie Colonels dedication to the goal of a state championship has nothing to do with allowing freshman to scrimmage during the pre season VARSITY games. As has been pointed out repeatedly, this is not the norm. If that is all it takes to win a title than you can bet I would be on the horn with Tom the minute I finish this post.

Thanks for the locker room motivation, though I doubt our kids needed it.

I'm very suprised at the tasteless response you've given. The Dixie Colonels dedication to the goal of a state championship has nothing to do with allowing freshman to scrimmage during the pre season VARSITY games. As has been pointed out repeatedly, this is not the norm. If that is all it takes to win a title than you can bet I would be on the horn with Tom the minute I finish this post.

If this is good locker room material than so be it. It sure hasn't worked in the past. Good luck in 2007

:D

If this is good locker room material than so be it. It sure hasn't worked in the past. Good luck in 2007

Maybe. Judging by the other informed post, I never knew how important a meaningless 1 hour of never happened before football could be either.

Just got off the phone with Tom, he's calling "shenanigans" on this whole thing. :D :laugh:

Here is the deal ... Beechwood and Highlands Freshman WERE going to scrimmage this Friday night at Highlands after the Varsity. However, the coaches have agreed that this isn't going to happen now.

I am not going into why they are not going to scrimmage--because it isn't a big deal (meaning--there isn't any hard feelings or anything like that) ... but some things came up ... and it was decided to put it on the shelf for this year.

3ptshooter .. you are right about the past ... but this year ... there were some different plans. You can probably figure out why this isn't going to happen. If not ... send me a PM.

Thank you Quick! I know there was talk of the freshman scrimmaging but I was just addressing the issue at hand which was are the freshman scrimmaging. Some readers, I guess, doubt my knowledge of the whole matter. I knew there was not going to be a freshman scrimmage last Thurs night.

Thanks for watching my back!!

W/weather forecasts, I would have to predict that the V scrimmage should be able to get underway by at least 7:30pm. The heat index is usually at playing conditions by then and not a danger to the kids w/proper water/wet towels on hand.

:D

Maybe. Judging by the other informed post, I never knew how important a meaningless 1 hour of never happened before football could be either.

Does Dixie's freshmen scrimmage prior to their opening game? I know that the Bird's have at least one (Male) scrimmage and this year it would have been two. It seems like Tom would want to get as many games as possible for the incoming players.