Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Search

Featured Replies

Any news out of Park Hills about the coaching position?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hearing this week,could even be today.

I've heard nothing but I'll be surprised if its not Dave Wurth.

I've heard nothing but I'll be surprised if its not Dave Wurth.

 

Would say odds on favorite.

I've heard nothing but I'll be surprised if its not Dave Wurth.

 

For the unenlightened, who if Mr. Wurth?

For the unenlightened, who if Mr. Wurth?

A former CovCath assistant coach (under Lynn Ray) and teacher for a few years. Left to coach at Hamilton-Badin in OHIO.

Word is that there will be a new Cov-Cath coach by Sat. I have heard 2 names and 2 names only. One has ties to Ft Thomas and the other has ties to Cov-Cath. I am going to guess the one with ties to Cov-Cath is going to get the job. Dave Wirth...

To beat the beast, you must know the beast! I think the Ft. Thomas candidate will prevail. It worked for basketball!

Just curious, do either of the two names have any HC experience? Cov. Cath seems like it would be drawing some bigger and more proven names...though I may just not be in the know about these guys.

I think Mike Wolfe is everyone's top candidate, but $$$ seems to be an issue.

 

I believe the head coach is to be announced at Sportsfest, which is next Tuesday, I think.

Just curious, do either of the two names have any HC experience? .

 

Yes

A former CovCath assistant coach (under Lynn Ray) and teacher for a few years. Left to coach at Hamilton-Badin in OHIO.

 

Did he take over for Malone, or was he an assistant?

I think Mike Wolfe is everyone's top candidate, but $$$ seems to be an issue.

 

I believe the head coach is to be announced at Sportsfest, which is next Tuesday, I think.

 

I'm told that the requirement that the head coach also teach at CovCath caused Woolf to no longer be interested. There was some talk of making up the difference in teacher salary by creating a Dean position for Mike and paying him extra, but the Principal vetoed that idea saying it would be unfair to the other head coaches who don't get that extra money (I'd agree with the Principal).

 

But I'm told that Woolf could still be on the CovCath sidelines next year; just not as the head coach but rather as the Defensive Coordinator because he'd supposedly be able to continue to teach at Ryle if he was just the DC.

Word is that there will be a new Cov-Cath coach by Sat. I have heard 2 names and 2 names only. One has ties to Ft Thomas and the other has ties to Cov-Cath. I am going to guess the one with ties to Cov-Cath is going to get the job. Dave Wirth...

 

I understand well over 30 applications were received for the position. If in fact these are the two front runners, IMO can't go wrong with either. I would prefer the offensive scheme of one over the other, but both could be good choices.

I'm told that the requirement that the head coach also teach at CovCath caused Woolf to no longer be interested. There was some talk of making up the difference in teacher salary by creating a Dean position for Mike and paying him extra, but the Principal vetoed that idea saying it would be unfair to the other head coaches who don't get that extra money (I'd agree with the Principal).

 

But I'm told that Woolf could still be on the CovCath sidelines next year; just not as the head coach but rather as the Defensive Coordinator because he'd supposedly be able to continue to teach at Ryle if he was just the DC.

 

Could it be the best of both worlds happening in Park Hills?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.