Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Coaching Search

Featured Replies

I'm told that the requirement that the head coach also teach at CovCath caused Woolf to no longer be interested. There was some talk of making up the difference in teacher salary by creating a Dean position for Mike and paying him extra, but the Principal vetoed that idea saying it would be unfair to the other head coaches who don't get that extra money (I'd agree with the Principal).

 

But I'm told that Woolf could still be on the CovCath sidelines next year; just not as the head coach but rather as the Defensive Coordinator because he'd supposedly be able to continue to teach at Ryle if he was just the DC.

 

Clearly, there is a fox in the hen house...

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't you figured out by now that LN is the "MAN" :cool:

Now would be the time for CovCath to bring in somebody really new to the kids and the program like they did a few yrs ago. I know the long term deal didnt work out but they did Win. If the "PHM" can come up with the dough then the Coach from Ft. Thomas would be my first choice. But then again, Iam a fan of the CFFT. I think maybe CC boxed themselves in a corner by saying the next Coach would be employed as a CC employee.

I understand well over 30 applications were received for the position. If in fact these are the two front runners, IMO can't go wrong with either. I would prefer the offensive scheme of one over the other, but both could be good choices.

 

I was told there were 11 applicants.

I'm told that the requirement that the head coach also teach at CovCath caused Woolf to no longer be interested. There was some talk of making up the difference in teacher salary by creating a Dean position for Mike and paying him extra, but the Principal vetoed that idea saying it would be unfair to the other head coaches who don't get that extra money (I'd agree with the Principal).

 

But I'm told that Woolf could still be on the CovCath sidelines next year; just not as the head coach but rather as the Defensive Coordinator because he'd supposedly be able to continue to teach at Ryle if he was just the DC.

 

Why would Woolf want to leave Ryle as DC?

Did he take over for Malone, or was he an assistant?

 

Replaced

Why would Woolf want to leave Ryle as DC?

 

My question also.

Why would Woolf want to leave Ryle as DC?

 

Just a guess, but to coach at his alma mater would be his reason. I'd think that any alumnus of CovCath that felt any fondness toward his school's football program would have some desire to return and help straighten out the program.

 

He may stay at Ryle; I don't know. I was just posting what I'd heard from someone that graduated from CovCath and I think is pretty well connected. And remember, I said Woolf "could", not "would", be on CovCath's sidelines as the DC.

It's Wirth

It's Wirth

 

Is that a proclomation as to who will get it or are you telling us we spelled his name incorrectly? You seemed to know it was going to be Brossart 2 years ago so I am intrigued.

Clearly, there is a fox in the hen house...

 

:lol::lol::lol: This just really made me chuckle.:lol:

Is that a proclomation as to who will get it or are you telling us we spelled his name incorrectly? You seemed to know it was going to be Brossart 2 years ago so I am intrigued.

 

That's an impressive find Clyde.

Not that it means much of anything, but I saw and spoke briefly to Coach Woolf at Ryle last night and he sure as heck doesn't act or talk like a guy who's going anywhere.

 

And hopefully he won't be . . . .

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.