Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?

Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?

I forgot about Ice Cube. He'd probably be on my list too.

He wrote all of Easy E's rhymes and all of NWA's rhymes and he still managed to come off harder than all of them. Ice Cube's legacy is almost unheralded. He was NWA, and then he broke camp and was still better than all of them.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, If people would listen to the song by Biggie called, I Got A Story To Tell, I wonder if they would feel like I do when I say that song is the single greatest storytelling song ever made and is one of the reasons why Biggie is at the very least the second greatest rapper ever.

No lie, my kid (aged 7) asked his pee wee coach if it would be a penalty to stand over the QB post-sack and say "I like it when you call me Big Poppa".....Thought the coach was going to have a stroke. Bad parent, I know....but give me some credit, it wasn't "Move, Get Out the Way!"

Edited by PurplePride92

Jay-Z, Biggie, Tupac, NaS, Ice Cube.

In order.

Eminem, Rakim and KRS-One could be in any top 5 and I wouldn't disagree but that's my top 5 in order and I feel like I could win any argument defending that top 5. In order.

I've always found KRS-One to be one of the more interesting cats in music.

I feel like as a young kids growing up on the streets in the southern end of Independence(just outside the city limits) I could really relate to the every day struggles of Tupac. The war on drugs so the police could bother me always hit close to home as my step dad was in fact a DARE officer for a while when I was growing up, he often times was "all up in my business" on the daily.

Now as a young adult I feel like I can relate to Biggy a little bit more, his lyrics seem to hit closer to home. Talking about phone taps and what not, I'm pretty sure the NSA is listening in on all of my Xbox live party chat's, I just know it.

I honestly like them both, but find myself listening to Biggy more than Tupac.

Can't give the crown to the dude with one dope album. Jay has 11 dope albums and Reasonable Doubt is equal to or greater than Illmatic.

11 dope albums or 11 albums with a couple dope tracks on each? I like Jay-Z, always have, but thats always the knock I had on him. He was always good for an album or two a year but if he just saved a lot of his stuff and combined the best songs from a couple of albums and just put them on one he would have been a lot better IMO. Lot of good stuff on those old/new Jigga albums, but there was also a lot of stuff that was just eh.

If anyone even mentions Lil Wayne I'll slap em.

:thumb:

It's sad because Wayne used to be the man, but now he's a joke. I stayed with him up until about No Ceilings but had to bail out after that. Just flooded the market with way too much and a lot of it ended up garbage. Now I can't really stand him, he'll spit a whole track of fire but still not say anything. Just a bunch of wobbly wammles, grandmas pajamas, a like bananas, oooh wobble oh ramble. I mean come on, its cool for a track or two a few years ago but now its like okay what else you got?

I miss the stuff from Carter II, IMO that was Wayne at his best. Early stuff was good, but Carter I and Carter II, along with some of the mixtapes from those days were his glory days. Dedication 1,2,3, and Da Drought 1,2, and perhaps 3 were all fire mixtapes. Sad to see how much he's went down hill. It's like he's a cartoon character now instead of a gangster rapper.

My Top List....

Pac

Biggie

Jay-Z

Eminem

Eazy

Nas

Snoop

Then for the newer artists.....

J. Cole

Kendrick

Wiz

ASAP Rocky

Schoolboy Q

I almost gave up on Wiz after that rolling papers non sense but he's bounced back with a couple solid mixtapes and some more wiz like stuff.

:thumb:

It's sad because Wayne used to be the man, but now he's a joke. I stayed with him up until about No Ceilings but had to bail out after that. Just flooded the market with way too much and a lot of it ended up garbage. Now I can't really stand him, he'll spit a whole track of fire but still not say anything. Just a bunch of wobbly wammles, grandmas pajamas, a like bananas, oooh wobble oh ramble. I mean come on, its cool for a track or two a few years ago but now its like okay what else you got?

I miss the stuff from Carter II, IMO that was Wayne at his best. Early stuff was good, but Carter I and Carter II, along with some of the mixtapes from those days were his glory days. Dedication 1,2,3, and Da Drought 1,2, and perhaps 3 were all fire mixtapes. Sad to see how much he's went down hill. It's like he's a cartoon character now instead of a gangster rapper.

Carter II and III were definitely his best stuff... I like most of his mix tape stuff, that's almost always better than his album stuff.

My Top List....

Pac

Biggie

Jay-Z

Eminem

Eazy

Nas

Snoop

Then for the newer artists.....

J. Cole

Kendrick

Wiz

ASAP Rocky

Schoolboy Q

I almost gave up on Wiz after that rolling papers non sense but he's bounced back with a couple solid mixtapes and some more wiz like stuff.

Kendrick and J. Cole are the best in the game right now. Lyrically, they are in a class of their own. But on to Wiz, I feel like every song he puts out is about smoking weed.

Kendrick and J. Cole are the best in the game right now. Lyrically, they are in a class of their own. But on to Wiz, I feel like every song he puts out is about smoking weed.

That's because it pretty much is. :lol2:

But I can't hate on him for that though because he's being real, that really is his life so he's not just doing it for show or faking it.

So many fake rappers out there and wannnabe g's, it's tough to sort them all out. I used to love Rick Ross until I finally started to understand what kind of fake sell out he actually was. If anyone is curious just try to search for freeway Rick Ross, or original Rick Ross. Pretty lame the rapper Rick Ross pretty much stole his whole persona and is making millions off of a dudes image but still the guy who's persona is being stole for millions cannot even get his name back. I mean the rapper RR has another dudes name tatoo'd across his knuckles, think about that! Not to mention he used to be a former correctional officer who actually used to receive recognition for how good of prison guard he was. Now he's some bad drug slinging gangster, please spare me. The guy can rap, much like most of the fakes, but to me it's just not the same if you're a total fake.