Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?

Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is a great rapper but I am a big 50 fan. I think he is a good rapper and enjoy his work. He is definitely one of the best to come out in the 2000's. I think Em is the best to come out in the 2000's.

Em came out in the late 90's, that's why I didn't include him.

I've saw a couple people mention groups. This thread isn't complete without The Roots' date=' A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, and even though their output is limited, Blackstar.[/quote']

I like black star a lot, mos and talib are two of my favorites.

Agreed. Still not close. I can go at least 50 songs deep that were straight fire from Kast. No group is even close...

I can do the same for Wu Tang. And then I can go to at least 20 songs deep from various members of the group when they branched out and did solo work. You're right......it still isn't close. :lol:

Just wish they had done more together. The original Blackstar stuff is fantastic...

Yeah talib was on shade 45 one day talking about it and he was explaining why it was only such a short run. Said they had a lot of good energy going for those albums and it was always tough to duplicate. Said they've tossed around the idea of getting back together and putting stuff out for ten years but the stars just haven't aligned to make it happen. Says they still have a good relationship, they just look at what they had as something special enough that makes it hard to duplicate.

I can do the same for Wu Tang. And then I can go to at least 20 songs deep from various members of the group when they branched out and did solo work. You're right......it still isn't close. :lol:

You'd be lucky to go 15 deep on true fire on Wu albums. They were much better as solo artists. Good for them, bad in comparing them to Outkast... :taz:

I'm not sure exactly why but I'm a big fan of The Game. I think he just has an old school sound to his voice and a lot of his raps. I hate most of the new rap.

Yeah, I like him also. I like him better than 50 to be honest.

I loved the Game when he came out. The Documentary was one of the best albums to come out that decade, or possibly ever. Just seems like each album just kept getting worst and worst. Given it's hard to put out a bunch of consecutive rap album smashes, but just seems like I always wanted more out of a couple of those albums. The RED album was okay, showed some signs of life. I mean he had good tracks on all of them, but as a whole just seemed like a lot of the albums were just eh after "The Documentary".